Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Need purim theme ideas
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 3:51 pm
I am looking for a cute theme for my kids anyone have any ideas.
thanks

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 3:53 pm
dif color legos - made w/cardboard boxes covered in color and plastic/styrophome bowls painted in same color glued on

Squash

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 3:58 pm
that is soooooooooo cute greenfire

amother

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 4:07 pm
I am looking for a theme tied with the shaloch monos other years they were bees and I gave out honey cake, honey candy, honey nut cheerioes, honey bbq potato chips. another year they were cows and I gave out chocolate milk, chocolate, inside empty milk containers. they were also monkeys and I gave out bananas, bannana cake, banana chips, banana jelly beans, banana laffy taffy. I have run out of ideas and need help with an idea.

Mishie

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 4:24 pm
My friend dressed her kids up as Strawberries, and gave out: a box of strawberries, strawberry flavored drink, strawberry taffies etc....

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 4:26 pm
The have lego candies and gum and maybe you could find lego type boxes to give in - I have to think more - maybe everything should be square

french mummy

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 10:40 am
LAst year we gave out shlach Manos with the theme of fishe ( Mazal Adar Dagim)
I took a see thru bowl filled it with blue shredded tissue paper and put in a can of tuna, (u can put smoked salmon) , jelly fish sweets, crakers in shape of fish, .
I actually took the idea from afriend who gave me that slach manos in a fish tray and she also put some herrings, salmon pate, smoked salmon, fish balls.

This year I am planning to get some tall and thin vases and fill with green candies at the bottom and pistachios with a bottle of grape juice!
What do you think??

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 10:42 am
grapes-"have a grape purim"
oranges-"orange u glad purim is here"
veggies- veggie soup

one year my son was COUNT dracula, and the rest of us represented numbers- one of the TEN little indians, snow white w/o the SEVEN dwarfs, dh and I were TWO of a kind, DD was 1/2 boy and 1/2 girl etc.
we gave out shalach manos to match, but cant remember what now.

marching band-gave out band aids, and musical type foods-again, cant remember specifics.

crayons- GREEN grapes, Rainbow cookies......

chefs and waiters-gave cookies in shape of hot dogs and fries. and a drink

if you want more, let me know and I'll ask my kids what else we did and they have better memories than me.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 11:06 am
what have you done in the past?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 12:08 pm
Someone mentioned somewhere else that one year her kids dressed as cops and gave out coffee and donuts for Mishloach Manot.

One year we all dressed as hippies and gave out Mishloach Manot on frisbees. Another year, hubby and I dressed as farmers and the kids as flowers and we gave out Mishloach Manot in watering cans.

Esther01

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 7:50 pm
my kids were one year bees and we gave all different honey things, last year they were babies and gave stuff in bottles and diaper cloth, this year I am planning to dress them as little red ridinghood, and give a basket with choclate chip cookies and grape juice.

I have seen ducks and you find a duck shape to put orange and yellow foods inside. also I've seen kids dress as cup cakes and you give all different types of cup cakes...

I hope this helps

mumof1

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 12:59 pm
ds dressed up as a fireman.
I gave plastic firehats with deli hot chips, hot sauce, tamales, water etc.

or, you can do a yankees costume, a baseball cap filled with hotdog, fries, peanuts, coke, etc.

cl

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 3:56 pm
Kmelion wrote:
Someone mentioned somewhere else that one year her kids dressed as cops and gave out coffee and donuts for Mishloach Manot.

I really like this idea... any clue how DH, me & DS (age 2) can dress up as cops on the cheap, cant sew but I can glue-gun! I wud prefer not 2 buy if poss...
also the coffee she gave, was it jars of instant coffee or hot coffee in cups?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:34 pm
any other ideas?

frummom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:52 pm
I've seen or heard

magicians and the baby was a bunny
10 makkos
all the sisters were bugs and the brother was bug spray
"newsies"
different foreign countries

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:08 pm
they all sound gorgeous!

ltlesmartmom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:22 pm
some1 was speaking about her boys to be curious george and her huby tot be the man in the yellow hat. is that a help?(just the yellow hat she wanted her hub to wear)

Tovah

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:59 pm
last yr. my kids were ketchup and mustard. we made folafel with fries and a soft drink.

cl

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 6:13 am
I lvoe the ketchup n mustard idea... especially as my hsuband has a felafel store! how did u make the costumes?

HooRYou

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 8:13 am
cl wrote:
[I really like this idea... any clue how DH, me & DS (age 2) can dress up as cops on the cheap, cant sew but I can glue-gun! I wud prefer not 2 buy if poss...

I know someone who does this about every year since her boys always want to be police men. Basically this is a costume that boild down to accessories. You would wear navy blue pants/skirt and either a light blue shirt or probably even a white one. Then you need to get plastic guns and handcuffs and police patches that could probably even be pinned on. If you really want to splurge you could also buy poloce hats. Check and see because if you buy the patches and hats at an army surplus / police supply store they may be cheaper than at a costume store.

My theme this year is al shlosha dvarim. I am planning that DH will be Moshe Rabbenu, DS wil be Aharon Ha Cohen and I will carry a tambourine and be Miriam Ha Neviah.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics