Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
How many chanukah parties are you invited to or go to?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 3:29 pm
This year!! When I lived in NY, I went to my parents for a chanukah party. This year I decided I wanted to make one. Since I know my dh doesn't care for parties, here or elsewhere, I made a kids one as opposed to an adult one. An adult one is so much easier, you don't have to entertain Very Happy . I let each of my kids invite up to 3 friends. My friend also came Wink with her 4 girls. Bnei Akiva is having one tomorrow night, but I'm not going. My kids and dh are. So, what about you, got a lot of partying to do?

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 3:41 pm
my parents made melava malka/party last night, today is inlwas, my friend mentioned something about inviting us over during the day for a party for the kids, my other 2 friends said the same so that takes care of 2 days of vacation. my sister mentioned something about inviting us for supper. I'll let you know at the end how many we ended up at.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 3:49 pm
I have 5. My mother side. Father side. Dh side. My mother makes one with just her kids. And one with friends........so far

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 3:53 pm
zero!! I did make one at home for my kids.

agreer

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 3:58 pm
I had zero till last night, when my friend texted she's making one for our h.s. grade that lives in this city. It will iy'h be later this week.

Facing the prospect of zero chanuka parties, I was sad... I wish I had more family that lived nearby. Hope all of you with multiple parties enjoy yourselves!!!!

HAPPY CHANUKA!

scrltfr

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 4:02 pm
Zero, but I live far from my family.I tried to make one for my in laws but - well that's a vent for a different thread.

In the kitchen

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 4:08 pm
zero.

If we still lived near dh's family we would have one tonight. I haven't heard much about Channukah parties going on around here though, maybe Israelis don't really do that? I should poll my neighbors Smile

ElTam

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 5:50 pm
Just a shul one. I don't have the energy to make one. And I enjoy the time with just our little family. There isn't enough of it.

ROFL

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 6:02 pm
None

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 6:04 pm
Invited to 5, but going to three.

theprocastinator

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 6:05 pm
one

girlzrus

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 8:27 pm
I thought 3 but so far on day two ended up at four already. Oh and went away for shabbos. Who knows?

punchike

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 8:49 pm
Invited to none, going to one.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 8:54 pm
An actual party just one (and not sure if we are going)
But get togethers with family, 2 and then a little party with some of my daughter's friends.

slushiemom

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 9:16 pm
3, and I'm the hostess for all of them! Smile made one last night for our friends, we had about 10 couples and played a really fun game

hosting dh's family tomorrow, and my family thursday. I'm not doing all the work for food tho, that's being split up.

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 11:06 pm
Hosted my annual Chanukah dinner for my friends last night. It was great we all had a wonderful time. Now I have to finish cleaning up.....

Going to friends tonight and an event at DD's pnimiyah on Thursday.

After all these years I still get a thrill out of going outside and seeing chanukiot in every window!

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 2:03 am
Five parties. The first was Motzi Shabbos. Yesterdays was oot family and I supplied everything. I started cooking early yesterday morning and had a two hour drive. Today I am hosting in-house and first beginning food prep including shopping. The last two I am a guest. BH.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 2:19 am
Kid/school related, two. Family get togther, we had Shabbos with everyone and the new chosson with us, and on Wednesday we'll host an official family dinner with grandparents. Adult only parties, zero. And that's fine with me this year!

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 3:51 am
Hosted 2 small ones (inviting one other family over) for the first 2 nights. DD is going to something tonight, and I'm taking DS to his school party. After that, I'm done. I have cooked and eaten too many latkes already.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 4:34 am
In the kitchen wrote:
zero.

If we still lived near dh's family we would have one tonight. I haven't heard much about Channukah parties going on around here though, maybe Israelis don't really do that? I should poll my neighbors Smile

same here
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics