Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Marom (Midwest)
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 8:15 am
has anyone heard of camp Marom?
can you tell me anything about it?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 12:56 pm
bump!

busydev

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:05 pm
my SIL went there this year and really enjoyed it. (entering HS)

Its mostly detroiters but there are OOT girls as well. I recall her saying Chicago, Toronto, Cleveland, Lakewood and perhaps a few other places as well.

My BIL went a few years in the past for the boys division and seemed pretty happy there as well.

amazingdeals

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 8:59 pm
My niece went for the past 2 years and loved it. My BIL is actually the director/owner!! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I can find out for you!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 8:56 am
are there any other fees besides the camp fee?
what about transportation from ny/nj area?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:14 pm
I assume you're asking about girls?
DD went. She had a LOT of fun. This was her second choice, didn't get in as a mother's helper in first choice adn when all was said and done, she said that as much as she wanted to meet her friends' friends in the other camp, she knows that she had more fun in Marom. The girls and counselors are great. It is very small and somewhat laidback.

Only other fees I remember are tips and transportation.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:21 pm
I am talking about boys
how much was transportation?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
I am talking about boys
how much was transportation?

I don't remember offhand, I'll try to find out.yes, it is a little laid back Detroit style, and full of lots of Detroiters and primarily staffed by Detroiters. The facilities are beautiful and the people good, but I dont' know too much more.

amazingdeals

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 8:43 pm
Transportation will depend on how much tickets are from where you live. I do believe they pick up the campers from the airport (DTW) and bus them to camp.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 11:31 pm
Two of my sons went. It sounded like it is pretty yeshivishe and also really chilled out. They really liked it a lot. I know people who sent their daughters, and they were crazy about it. Said the girls are really friendly, less than half detroit.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 11:43 am
Quote:
Two of my sons went. It sounded like it is pretty yeshivishe and also really chilled out.

where are you from?
how old were your sons
thanks

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 12:16 pm
My son went a number of years ago and he really enjoyed it. He was the type of kids who really hates the typical camp where there is a lot of pressure and you're stuffed in a dumpy bunky house (something my girls love). But he enjoyed Marom.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 10:45 am
I am thinking of sending my son there
anyone else have any more info

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:50 am
bump!

amother

Post Fri, Feb 08 2013, 1:12 am
Have had kids in both camps. Most amazing place.

Both camps: sports like horseback riding and watersking , run by the Federation camp staff that they rent from, extemely professional, the kids love it. small (80 kids tops, each camp), low pressure, maybe 1/3 Detroiters, rest from all over. boys video is on the website campmarom.com, don't know how to make a link
Boys: regular 1st seder and night seder, many serious learners, some not. My son says"pretty yeshivish, but chilled out". sports , fun
Girls: sort of mix, all bais yaakov-y, all friendly, wholesome. good activities, low pressure.
They work with you on $ and other issues.
What else do you want to know?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 08 2013, 7:41 am
My younger brother went there for two or three years. He had a great time. Seems like a warm staff, nice boys, can't give you to many details, but that he had a good time.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 2:12 pm
My son's friend's parents wants the boys to go this camp ...he went to lakewood last year and hated the food , we were planning to skip this year but the Rabbi at his school is not too impressed with that option .

How is the food ?
Toilets and showers ?
AC in bunks?
Type of boys ? I'm looking for yeshivish but chilled

Thanx everyone Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
My son's friend's parents wants the boys to go this camp ...he went to lakewood last year and hated the food , we were planning to skip this year but the Rabbi at his school is not too impressed with that option .

How is the food ?
Toilets and showers ?
AC in bunks?
Type of boys ? I'm looking for yeshivish but chilled

Thanx everyone Very Happy

The food was decent, my son didn't complain.
No AC AFAIK.
I think the boys fit the bill. The camp bchlal is chilled. I know that's a dangerous word to use. I don't mean it in a negative way, you have to know the olam.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 8:39 pm
And yes, there are toilets and showers. More than that I can't tell you.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:08 pm
I am the op of this thread my son went there last summer and had a great time
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children