Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Please help me choose a community to live in!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:28 am
I need your help choosing a place to live! We have been looking for a place with a large DL/Torani/chardal presence, not too expensive to live in, and not over the Green line. Any ideas? To give you an idea of 'not too expensive', we think that Nof ayalon adn RBS are too expensive for us to ever be able to buy an apartment there.
If you have ideas for me, please please post them as soon as you can, DH is beginning to give up hope of finding the right place... Thanks!

ora_43

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:55 am
Kiryat Shmuel in Haifa? It's not what I'd call cheap, but housing is cheaper than in RBS, I think.

Most cities have a sizable DL community. When you say "large DL presence" do you mean something more than that?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:12 am
op here.

kiryat shmuel, ora, I never heard of it, what can you tell me about it please? are there any anglos there? is it the more chardal end of DL or more modern?

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post that I am looking for somewhere with an anglo presence, doesnlt have to be huge, but at least some! thanks

roze22

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:41 am
if you are willing to be in the south, and want a yishuv feel, there is even shmuel
https://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahp.....hmuel

amother

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:29 pm
thank you, this is OP

not so sure about the south! any more ideas, please keep them coming! quick, before dh gives up altogether on the thought of making aliyah...

anyone know anything about kiryat shmuel?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:02 pm
I don't think Even Shmuel is so south. It is considered in the mercaz according to the NBN write-up. (I think it is about 1/2 hour south of Rechovot, according to NBN it is 50 minutes by train to Tel Aviv). I don't know much about it except that I have a cousin building a house there and they are a lovely Dati Leumi young family. It might be worthwhile to take a look.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:03 pm
and what about Maale Adumim? The posters here LOVE it! (though is it technically beyond the green line?)

roze22

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
I don't think Even Shmuel is so south. It is considered in the mercaz according to the NBN write-up. (I think it is about 1/2 hour south of Rechovot, according to NBN it is 50 minutes by train to Tel Aviv). I don't know much about it except that I have a cousin building a house there and they are a lovely Dati Leumi young family. It might be worthwhile to take a look.

its not do south, but still south for a lot of people. an hour or so to TA, both by car and train- though the train leaves from KG, which is a 10 min drive/longer bus ride. its got a great community though

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:03 am
thanks everyone, this is OP

we looked into MA, I loved it, but dh did not, also it is too expensive for us I think Sad

keep those ideas coming! TIA

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 7:57 am
BUMP

Meiraleah

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:24 am
Mevo Choron. It's about 10 min drive from Nof Ayalon and shares a school system for older grades. It's a small yishuv but I think there are plans for some new building projects. There are about 10 anglo families there and many others know/speak english (a pretty descent percentage). It's supposed to be very nice, torani and cheaper (although anything in the merkaz is not cheap).

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:30 am
amother wrote:
thank you, this is OP

not so sure about the south! any more ideas, please keep them coming! quick, before dh gives up altogether on the thought of making aliyah...

What about Kochav Yaakov? (yes, we are over the green line..sorry)

We are north of Jerusalem by 20 minutes. It's a DL/Chardal community (there is a Charedi yishuv, Tel Tzion, right next door... as in, you can walk over there in 20minutes to take your kids to school)

Rents are reasonably priced.. certainly nothing like Jerusalem. We have 3 bedrooms, one and a half baths, and we pay 2650nis/month. There is a decent-sized supermarket on the yishuv (they just expanded it). The bus to Jerusalem runs *all the time* and the bus fare is very cheap.

chani8

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:00 am
It is so hard to find the right place.

If you want affordable, go South. Check out Ashkelon, Ofakim, Beer Sheva, Dimona, Yerucham, and Arad.

chani8

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 9:02 am
Or go North, for affordable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions