Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Keeping Imamother a safe environment for all members
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 5:47 pm
Are you for real??

rachel91

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:05 pm
can someone please say what thread we're talking about?

Sherri

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:06 pm

Last edited by Sherri on Tue, Dec 25 2012, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:18 pm
busydev wrote:
Squishy wrote:

I did report the post. Since I never heard back from the moderator, I just assume my complaint went into a black hole.

I wouldnt assume that. I have reported posts and never had a response. tho sometimes something was done about the thread and sometimes not. but I never got a response from a mod.

Last I checked it was still there although it might have been removed by now. I can't remember the topic. I just remember my posts.
There are so many of my friends IRL who are recommending this site to me lately that I only post about myself, non-frum people and people who claim they are not on the internet. I have identified people irl who post their details.

Happy18

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:22 pm
Whoever did that should be thrown off the site. To tell an abused wife's husband that she posted about him is horrific and a person who would do such a thing should not be allowed to access the site.

Yael

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:24 pm
The woman who did this regrets what she did, and feels very bad. she apologized both to me and to the abused woman.

The thread was removed right away.

The abused wife is not in any danger.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:25 pm
Another basic safety rule - if you don't want people to identify you, lie when posting as amother. If you're having a problem with your mom, post that Dh is having a problem with his. Instead of talking about your twin boys, have them be a year apart. And so on.

imamiri

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:30 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Another basic safety rule - if you don't want people to identify you, lie when posting as amother. If you're having a problem with your mom, post that Dh is having a problem with his. Instead of talking about your twin boys, have them be a year apart. And so on.

That makes sense but some of the problems people post with are pretty heavy. And when your problem is heavy, your head is already having a hard time keeping up and then you might not remember your lie correctly and people might call you a Below The Bridge Dweller. And then you get no helpful answers or suggestions.

Culturedpearls

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 6:37 pm
Shocking

ElTam

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 7:10 pm
Thank you Yael.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 7:21 pm
Yael wrote:
The woman who did this regrets what she did, and feels very bad. she apologized both to me and to the abused woman.

Your a kinder person than me. I would have banned her from this site anyway regardless of how sorry she was.

Such absolute stupidity could have led to bloodshed had it been a different husband.

Runner18

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 8:27 pm
ysmommy wrote:
Yael wrote:

Your a kinder person than me. I would have banned her from this site anyway regardless of how sorry she was.

Such absolute stupidity could have led to bloodshed had it been a different husband.

I totally agree with you...I'm still seething with anger towards the person who did this. What a warped sense of "just trying to help". She seriously could have been responsible for murder. I'm assuming she's reading this thread and I hope she is thinking long and hard about what a terrible thing she did.

What happened to the sister-code!?!?!!?!?

mimivan

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 8:33 pm
On the other side of the coin, perhaps one should be careful what they post?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 25 2012, 8:34 pm
I know that at least one person here has posted unfavorably about me. It's ... uncomfortable.

mykidsmother

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:04 am
What means sn?

September June

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:25 am
mykidsmother wrote:
What means sn?

screen name

bamamama

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:59 am
mimivan wrote:

Rolling Eyes Really? A woman who has no one to turn to feels some fellowship here and wants some virtual hugs and btdt and you think she oughtn't have posted? Really?

mimivan

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:35 am
bamamama wrote:
mimivan wrote:

Rolling Eyes Really? A woman who has no one to turn to feels some fellowship here and wants some virtual hugs and btdt and you think she oughtn't have posted? Really?

A person should always be aware of the consequences. The security here can be abused. I posted anon about serious issues, but a person has to be a grownup about it and be aware of the risks. There are a plethora of hotlines and places people can go in that situation if they don't want to take the risk of posting online for chizuk.

chani8

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:54 am
I guess this thread/incident is just a reminder that there are predators on the internet.

It makes me sad, though, especially to hear that friends/relatives/neighbors would not honor another person's privacy.

Culturedpearls

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:11 am
chani8 wrote:
I guess this thread/incident is just a reminder that there are predators on the internet.

It makes me sad, though, especially to hear that friends/relatives/neighbors would not honor another person's privacy.

This. I'm just shocked.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics