Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Subject of a Raise
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 2:12 pm
That is pathetic and funny.
First of all, your approach to request a raise was not the best. You should present your case in a professional manner, and prove your value, and that is why you deserve a raise. The reason of cost of living gives an impression of "I know I dont deserve it, but hey - cost of living has gone up"..

I guess with a shul there is a possibility of it being so completely unprofessional that a roll of quarters is not that hilarious.

Now you'll have quarters for your parking meter.

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:34 pm
My brother used to get paid with Food Stamps, in the days that they were in paper. Of course it was impossible to use it all up so he ended up paying the yeshiva’s tuition with it, thus the vicious cycle!

In Yiddish, there’s an expression “a kranken get men” for sick one you have to give, because they don’t take… basically, TAKE WHAT THEY GIVE YOU!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
That is pathetic and funny.
First of all, your approach to request a raise was not the best. You should present your case in a professional manner, and prove your value, and that is why you deserve a raise. The reason of cost of living gives an impression of "I know I dont deserve it, but hey - cost of living has gone up"..

OP here
I did approach them in a professional manner. I was talking with my boss and I explained that the cost of my rent was increasing, and reminded him of everything I am doing in the office. He said there was a possibility of me getting a raise.

I guess this was his way of "helping" me so to speak, as I now do not have to pay taxes on the roll of quarters

amother

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:53 pm
Quote:
I guess this was his way of "helping" me so to speak, as I now do not have to pay taxes on the roll of quarters

Tell him, you weren't asking him for charity, you were asking him for an increase in your salary for your hard work and dedication.

withhumor

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 3:35 pm
I’m happy that you’re crawling out of this situation by smiling and finding a silver lining! Keep it up, Hashem will show some more light!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics