Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ISO good "winter" dessert recipe asap

busydev

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 5:34 pm
I am in a rush cause only have access for a short while. dont have time to go searching old threads for the right kinda thing.

Looking for a recipe for a dessert that is good for the winter (not ice cream/frozen stuff) and toddler friendly would be nice too.

Thanks!

** and not something w/ apples or blueberries since im serving that in kugel**

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 6:50 pm
Good old compote?

Assorted no-pits dried fruits, boiling water poured over them in a glass jar, leave the jar alone for a day or so, with clove if you like that, add Bourbon, if you like that?

Works with figs, dates, raisins, dried apricots, mixed dried fruits if the prunes have no pits, prunes. Anything in any combination.

sky

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 7:09 pm
I was going to say fruit pie.

Hot chocolate runny cake or chocolate pudding cake with ice cream and choc sauce

Hot cinnamon pear buns with caramel sauce (that is what we are having) [Kosher by design 1 - last dessert recipe]

solo

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 8:35 pm
Sky- that recipe looks so good. I tried it once and it came out awful. Though dough didn't bake through after sticking it back in the oven too many times and...
Did u ever make it before?

sky

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 11:15 pm
I made it a few times before. The first time it failed after that it was always good, but I don't think I did anything differently. I made it already and it looked liquidy, but I think I remember it being like that - the caramel soaks the bottom of the bun. I think it also has to bake longer I plan on reheating it tomorrow before shabbos.

wispalover

Post Fri, Dec 28 2012, 3:57 pm
apple crumble... yum

sky

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 8:47 pm
solo wrote:
Sky- that recipe looks so good. I tried it once and it came out awful. Though dough didn't bake through after sticking it back in the oven too many times and...
Did u ever make it before?

It was good.
I refrigerated it over night after making it, reheated it in the oven for 20 minutes and then kept warm over the crockpot. It was baked but very soft and yum.

yomomf

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 2:39 am
sky, can you post the recipe please
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics