Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Attn Lakewood: Ronzoni Pasta on sale in shoprite....

baker1

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:05 pm
Just wanted to let everyone know that ronzoni pasta is on sale for $.59 a box! That's almost half price!
The sale is going on until Jan. 5th

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:11 pm
You might want to modify your title. Airmont Shoprite is selling Ronzoni Pasta also for the same price. They also had steaks for $5.99 lb.

oatmealcookies

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:14 pm
Shoprite can corn 33 cents Smile and general mills cereal is also on sale Smile

baker1

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:20 pm
sorry! Didn't know that all the shop rites have the same sales....

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:25 pm
baker1 wrote:
sorry! Didn't know that all the shop rites have the same sales....

Neither did I. Laundry detergent (Ajex with Bleach) is also on sale for $.99.

happy12

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:34 pm
I was in shoprite in Brooklyn. They also had it for .59. However they were out of the whole wheat so I asked a manager if they will get in more. He told me that next week is the real start of the can can sale and he thinks ronzoni will be .49.

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 7:37 pm
Is it Yoshon?

OutATowner

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 8:11 pm
I'm not in Lakewood, but thanks for the tip! I'll look out for it!

mamaleh

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 8:23 pm
penguin wrote:
Is it Yoshon?

I have the same question. From past experience I'm assuming not but it is still fairly early so I guess there is a chance...

amother

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 9:58 pm
At Shop Rite in Brooklyn today almost all the varieties of the pasta were well past the yoshon date as per Rabbi Herman's guide. I only found one that was yoshon and it wasn't the whole wheat or extra fiber kind that I always look for. And my stash is so low, not going to take me nearly to Pesach Sad Shoulda just bought earlier in the season at regular price. Now we're stuck with pasta rationing.

The limits are higher this time, too. If I could have gotten that much last time I wouldn't be running out now in January Tongue Out I think in the past it was 4 per variety, now it's 12. Cans I think were 12 last time, now 24.

SR at Ave I had plenty of whole wheat but very little "smart taste" (the purple box).

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:22 pm
Can't you still find brands that are yoshon?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:27 pm
Not for 59 (or 49??? wonder if that's true) cents a box. And probably not any brands that make good-tasting whole wheat or extra fiber varieties.

goodmorning

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 5:50 pm
There's an Israeli brand of pasta, Ta'aman, that has a Badatz hechsher. I've gotten it for about $1/lb. in Brooklyn (including whole wheat, which is pretty decent tasting). Other than that, there's Mishpacha, maybe Kemach? But those run about $1.50/lb and I've never seen them on sale.
I would be very surprised if you found "regular" brands of pasta that still were yoshon stocked on shelves these days -- certainly in large quantities.

Isn't there some store in Lakewood that has a "yoshon room"?

questioner

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:50 pm
goodmorning wrote:
There's an Israeli brand of pasta, Ta'aman, that has a Badatz hechsher. I've gotten it for about $1/lb. in Brooklyn (including whole wheat, which is pretty decent tasting). Other than that, there's Mishpacha, maybe Kemach? But those run about $1.50/lb and I've never seen them on sale.
I would be very surprised if you found "regular" brands of pasta that still were yoshon stocked on shelves these days -- certainly in large quantities.

NPGS - and I think the Israeli brand is on sale this week for 79 cents - not that much more. I don't know about whole wheat though.
I'm thinking about stocking up on the cans of corn and giving out corn salad for mishloach manos, but can I make it thurs. night to give out on sunday? (corn, pepper, cucumbers, pickles with lemon juice/oil/mustard dressing)

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:25 am
I know that corn salad, it should keep fine in the fridge from Thurs to Sun. Nice idea!

chocolate chips

Yay...gonna get a car and STOCK UP!

chocolate chips

PS: In brooklyn I was told the can can sale starts on thursday.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:39 am
I can't figure out what it is that changes on Thursday; everything in the new flyer on Sunday was either the beginning of the week or the whole week. The sales were on, the aisles were loaded. I stocked up on canned beans and then came home to DH telling me that Rav Huna or somebody says a wife shouldn't eat beans Rolling Eyes (he changed his mind fast when he saw falafel on today's menu)

questioner

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 10:33 am
questioner wrote:
goodmorning wrote:

NPGS - and I think the Israeli brand is on sale this week for 79 cents - not that much more. I don't know about whole wheat though.
I'm thinking about stocking up on the cans of corn and giving out corn salad for mishloach manos, but can I make it thurs. night to give out on sunday? (corn, pepper, cucumbers, pickles with lemon juice/oil/mustard dressing)

Sorry, it was a different brand on sale. I did find a few boxes of yoshon spaghetti (well, cappalini or some such) in the lakewood shoprite.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics