Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What house slippers do u recommend? Cracked heels and toes

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 10:27 am
For the past few years, I have been suffering with cracked skin on my heels and toes. Only recently a friend told me she had the same problem until she stopped wearing Crocs. I have been to so many podiatrists and tried so many creams, ointments and gels to no avail. So now I want to get rid of my Crocs (which I wear all the time) and try a really good for my feet type of slipper to wear around the house, which is a few hours a day. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 10:38 am
I wear something like this: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop.....scuff

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 11:12 am
I always get dry heels in the winter, and I think it's from my dry heat system (it started when I moved to my house). I keep it under control, by smearing a thick layer of vaseline nightly after showering, and wearing a cotton sock all night with the vaseline.

spring13

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 11:13 am
Wear something with sheepskin lining - real shearling, not faux Uggs or something. LL Bean has loads of those.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 11:16 am
Chayalle wrote:
I always get dry heels in the winter, and I think it's from my dry heat system (it started when I moved to my house). I keep it under control, by smearing a thick layer of vaseline nightly after showering, and wearing a cotton sock all night with the vaseline.

That's funny -- once while at the mikvah in Lakewood the mikva lady noticed my heels and told me that someone told her they smear vaseline and wear socks. I guess it was you! Wink

I have since been to a podiatrist who said it is a fungus and prescribed something for it (forgot what) but since I used the cream the dry/cracked skin never came back!!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
Chayalle wrote:

That's funny -- once while at the mikvah in Lakewood the mikva lady noticed my heels and told me that someone told her they smear vaseline and wear socks. I guess it was you! Wink

I have since been to a podiatrist who said it is a fungus and prescribed something for it (forgot what) but since I used the cream the dry/cracked skin never came back!!

Actually, a mikvah lady told me to do it!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 2:43 pm
Do the socks have to be 100 percent cotton? Cuz I can't seem to find those anywhere. Or will any bootie be ok if it is mostly cotton, but not 100 percent?

newatthis

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 2:58 pm
I have heard really good things about these slippers
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop.....asins

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 3:20 pm
Thanks for all your responses so far. I am looking into all the links. Also will try the vaseline/cotton socks in the meantime to help with the cracking...
I would prefer a closed front slipper with an open back...it is easier to put on, and whenever I get a closed back slipper, I find that before long the back just sinks down and becomes uncomfortable.
Please keep sending your suggestions. Thanx!

Barbara

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
For the past few years, I have been suffering with cracked skin on my heels and toes. Only recently a friend told me she had the same problem until she stopped wearing Crocs. I have been to so many podiatrists and tried so many creams, ointments and gels to no avail. So now I want to get rid of my Crocs (which I wear all the time) and try a really good for my feet type of slipper to wear around the house, which is a few hours a day. Any suggestions/recommendations?

I'm not sure why Crocs would cause this problem. Its usually very dry skin, cured by moisturizers (heavy duty stuff, with socks over your feet at night) and lovely pedicures. But in any case, my slippers are pretty much these, and I love them:

http://www.bearpaw.com/womens-.....etail

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 3:50 pm
You may not believe this but it's true. I'm guessing that you are not wearing supportive shoes, or else they are worn out. Try wearing designer sneakers like New Balance every day for most of the day and the cracks will disappear.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 7:21 pm
I wear shoes from Payless or aerosols around the house. They are real shoes and last longer. I get mules

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 7:21 pm
I wear shoes from Payless or aerosols around the house. They are real shoes and last longer. I get mules

amother

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 11:22 am
I just ordered a pair of Orthaheel Gemma slippers from zappos.com. At least I know I can return them if they aren't right for me. Zappos has free sipping both ways, as long as they are in new condition and never worn. I will let you know how they work out.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 11 2013, 11:41 am
There's a company 'arcopedico', it's a special orthopedic company. Since I bought it I have beautiful feet! Bought it in local shoe store. The front is a black knit.

achot613

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 12:46 pm
The tip column in Hamodia suggested Dr Scholls foot repair cream for cracked hands so I assume it would help feet also.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:04 am
If you got cracked heels, what you need is footcream that contains urea more than house slippers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics