Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
CPA Review courses
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:20 pm
Which CPA review course did you use? did you like it? Would you recommend it? I am in the process of signing up to take the exams and start studying and the programs are all very expensive so I'd like to be sure before I commit and buy one. TIA.

busydev

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:24 pm
I just purchased the becker review course from this site.
http://www.ai-cpa.com/

A number of people referred me to use Becker. Then one perosn told me about the site where they sell it for MUCH cheaper (costs $1,000 instead of nearly $4,000)

I was told it is very necessary to take a course esp since I finished school a few years ago, but even my friend who did it 2 months after school said she would not have managed without it (she passed all 4 on the first try)

But I am also interested in what other people have to say Smile

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 5:46 pm
You can buy becker used on ebay for much. much cheaper. I only took REG so far but becker was fine for it.

Tova

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 7:16 pm
Becker was absolutely wonderful. I went to their live classes. A lot of firms will pay for it - mine did.

bwaybabe85

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 7:51 pm
You've gotta do Becker. It's the best one out there. I passed all 4 parts on the first try with Becker. I'd recommend their self-study package.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 7:56 pm
Op here: why did you Choose Becker? Yeager seems very good and cheaper!

STovah

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:47 pm
I used the Becker cd course for the last 2 parts that I took and the in class course given by a company that Becker bought out for the first 2 parts like 10 years ago. I don't know anyone who used any other courses.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2013, 6:48 pm
Op here: gut voch! Just curious, did you wait for your NTS before buying the program?

busydev

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 11:35 am
no. tho I waited until I knew I was getting it (approved for credits etc.)

theprocastinator

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 12:40 pm
busydev wrote:

A number of people referred me to use Becker. Then one perosn told me about the site where they sell it for MUCH cheaper (costs $1,000 instead of nearly $4,000) I was told it is very necessary to take a course esp since I finished school a few years ago, but even my friend who did it 2 months after school said she would not have managed without it (she passed all 4 on the first try)

This sounds like a scam.

busydev

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:02 pm
theprocastinator wrote:
busydev wrote:

A number of people referred me to use Becker. Then one perosn told me about the site where they sell it for MUCH cheaper (costs $1,000 instead of nearly $4,000) I was told it is very necessary to take a course esp since I finished school a few years ago, but even my friend who did it 2 months after school said she would not have managed without it (she passed all 4 on the first try)

This sounds like a scam.

Its not. my cousin got hers from there. and has 1 more test to go. basically they buy the sets that becker sends to cpa firms for a cheaper price and then sell it to others.

theprocastinator

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:21 pm
http://crushthecpaexam.com/bes.....rses/

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 5:30 pm
Op here: Becker seems more popular but Yeager seems to be better suited to really learning the material and knowing what to expect on the exams and customer service/ live help. That's why I wonder why ppl pick Becker. It seems overpriced for what you get.

theprocastinator

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Op here: Becker seems more popular but Yeager seems to be better suited to really learning the material and knowing what to expect on the exams and customer service/ live help. That's why I wonder why ppl pick Becker. It seems overpriced for what you get.

Brand recognition? They are very good at marketing their product.
They also offer live class, which not all do, so it depends on your learning style.

Did you check out the website with the $900 deal on Becker CD's that busydev recommended?

If it's legit I would consider buying that. I would never shell out $4000 for a review course.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 7:15 pm
Busydev, can thing get me the name or link for the $900 Becker dvds? I can use them to supplement the Yeager review program, it will still be cheaper and probably more effective. I'm assuming the $900 didn't include the whole Becker program?

theprocastinator

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 7:26 pm

This is the link busydev posted.

OP, if you purchase it can you please let me know if it's legit. Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:42 pm
Op here. when I added it to my cart it came out to 1000 dollars but I didn't complete the sale. It seemed legit but is the 2013 version which is coming out in February and also does not include dvds. To me it's too expensive for what your getting. Without dvd and mobile access it's very limiting. I'd rather know that I can take a laptop with dvds to the park or mall to study without internet. On top of that they have no customer service. Im ordering Yeager tinkerer

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:42 pm
Op here. when I added it to my cart it came out to 1000 dollars but I didn't complete the sale. It seemed legit but is the 2013 version which is coming out in February and also does not include dvds. To me it's too expensive for what your getting. Without dvd and mobile access it's very limiting. I'd rather know that I can take a laptop with dvds to the park or mall to study without internet. On top of that they have no customer service. Im ordering Yeager tinkerer

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:

Op here, sorry - im typing from my cell.
I'm ordering Yeager tomorrow. I'll let you know a year from now how it goes ;-)

theprocastinator

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 8:51 pm
Best of luck, OP.
Whew
Hope you can report back with good results!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics