Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Ideas for a breakfast themed mishloach manos

simchamommy

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 2:28 pm
how many varieties can you come up with? Looking for something not too complicated, but homemade (I.e. not store bought bagels and lox)

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 2:31 pm
Cereal, milk, muffins, coffee and hot chocolate packets

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 2:38 pm
Scones, banana bread, muffins. You can make little omelets/crustless quiches in muffin pans.

Grandmama

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:34 pm
I can only send what I would love to eat, mini cheese/blueberry muffins, cookies, mug, coffee, tea, capuchino, hot cocoa packets, or add a bought capuchino drink. I would add dairy chocolate caramels, and mini chocolate bars.

anotherima

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:37 pm
I did this one year, I made a yummy breakfast tray and it went over very well.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:41 pm
I did bagels home mad egg salad (on the side) and home made muffins one year

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:42 pm
I received one once. It was very welcome after being up very late. It had a coffee pack, tea, hard boiled egg, half a grapefruit. I don't remember the rest.

anotherima

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:43 pm
People welcome real food that they can eat. The nosh is too much!

shiffycc

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 5:27 pm
Grandmama wrote:
I can only send what I would love to eat, mini cheese/blueberry muffins, cookies, mug, coffee, tea, capuchino, hot cocoa packets, or add a bought capuchino drink. I would add dairy chocolate caramels, and mini chocolate bars.

Wow grandmama! Id like to come to YOUR house for breakfast! You do it right! Very Happy

Grandmama

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:02 am
One of the nicest gestures I got from a close friend/relative was a scrumptious breakfast home made delivered to my home the morning after my daughter got married. I went to my daughter to pick up her rented gown and prepare their first breakfast, and I came home to this beautiful surprise!

I had a lot of guests, including some from overseas, they all came over and I had planned to take them out to eat. Instead, we were all so exhausted, but it was about 11 or so, and she brought over huge baskets with home made tuna, egg salad, vegetable salads, spreads, assorted rolls/bagels, mini croissants, etc. with so many extras, including the paper and plastic goods! The salads were all freshly made by her that morning!
I think we had enough for breakfast for the week!
It was beautiful.

For Purim, I have received many lunch type foods, like fresh home made meat deli rolls, and other things to eat during the day that are food, not nosh. But who delivers so early?
Mostly I just send the types and qualities of foods that I would like to receive. I just cannot bring myself to buy something I would never eat.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:10 am
I would do things that are not likely to spoil (no lox), or to taste bad it not eaten immediately (black coffee and scrambled eggs) as sometimes the recipients are not home and I have to leave my mm on the doorstep.

Mini blueberry muffins and/or scones, a mini box of cereal, a small carton of milk (if it's not hot outside), a packet of granola, a piece of fruit, a small chocolate bar...

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 12:38 pm
I get a breakfast M.M. from a friend each year. Her DH drops it off at everyone's doorstep on his way from Vasikin so that it's there when we wake up.

She sends small homemade rolls and croissants with small jelly and butter pats (the kind you get in the airline meals). Also, a small orange juice and package of coffee with a disposable mug and pretty napkin.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:14 pm
one yr I received a bagel and I forgot what else was on the platter ..... I do remember that I was so hungry ans very happy to have a fresh bagel except that when I took the bagel out of the package ...it was MOLDY!!! There was also a salad ... who knows when they prepared it and how long it was left out! I dumped the whole thing! what a shame - could have been a good idea!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:18 pm
Last year my siblings did for their friends....a banana....a smoothie (naked company) and I think an oatmeal packet or cereal. Wrapped in a cute breakfast bowl.

ThankYouHashem

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:49 pm
When my parents first got married, they used to send a bagels, orange juice, cream cheese, and the like... in a paper bag.
My mother loved it cause it was simple and easy and everyone would rave about it because any real food on purim is greatly appreciated.
You can always do - hot cocoa, chocolate covered spoon, marshmallows, a muffin...
cookies and milk
a small thing of cereal with a small milk and a banana
or a coffee theme would be very cute(again with a muffin or a cookie)

suzyq

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 1:59 pm
A friend of mine did this one year - she included pancakes and syrup, some orange juice and something else (but I can't remember what). It was yummy Smile

nameless

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 9:08 am
Muffins, pankcakes or bagel with spreads. Goes with chocolate milk or OJ and some kind of fruit.

simchamommy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 12:16 pm
pancakes sounds interesting but I'm wondering how that would work.
hot? cold? how do you package it?
how do you package the syrup?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics