Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in LA airport?

exhausted

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 6:45 am
I'm travelling from Australia with 2 small children and have a few hour stopover in LA airport. I was wondering if there was anywhere there to buy some kosher food (other than Pringles and Twizzlers LOL )
TIA

Bella:D

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 9:40 am
In terminal 6 I think there is a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, all of their products are kosher, but probably not Chalav Yisrael.
They might have salads and sandwiches in addition to cakes and cookies and snacks.

exhausted

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 10:54 am
Thank you! I'll have to check which Terminal I'll be in.

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 12:58 am
Anyone have any more idea?

stockprincess

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 7:45 am
No, but I live 20 minutes away, and I'd be glad to bring you food from a local restaurant. Seriously, just let me know when...

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 7:54 am
That's so sweet of you! I'm just not sure where I'll be and how much time I'll have. I know I have to clear customs there and I remember from a few years ago that it takes a really long time. I only have 2 1/2 hours there.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 8:47 am
This place is in the general LAX area. Maybe they'll deliver? How long are you in transit? Can you leave the airport?

http://www.jeffsgourmet.com/

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 8:49 am
I'm only in transit 2 1/2 hours. I won't have time to leave but maybe they'll deliver. Thanks alot!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 9:19 am
The Radisson near LAX has a kosher kitchen that they use for kosher affairs. I wonder if there is some way you could get a meal there...?

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 9:30 am
Is it actually on the airport grounds? I emailed Jeffs Gourmet and am waiting to hear back from them. Thank you so much for your help.

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 10:15 am
The pastries at Coffee Bean are not really under the most reliable hashgacha. Drinks are fine but not Chalav Yisrael. You'll have to ask for their kashrus certificate to check if it's okay for you. And since you're flying international, you'll probably be in Terminal 4, not 6. But there may be a Coffee Bean or Starbucks there too. Check the LAX website, they probably have a terminal map.

The Radisson, and many other airport hotels, does have a kosher kitchen but just for weddings and events. You won't be able to get a meal there. Also, the hotels are not attached to the airport itself.

Jeff's may be your best bet. Try calling them. I wonder if any of the pizza stores would deliver? But I kind of doubt it. How are you going to get out to get the food? You'll have to go through security again afterwards.

Good luck!

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 10:47 am
Yes, I will be in Terminal 4, I didn't realize that security was that tight that only passengers are allowed through. Here anyone is allowed until the gate.

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 11:35 am
No, there nobody can get through security, only ticketed passengers. Especially international flights. So if you go out it'll be a whole process to go back in.

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:38 pm
Ok, so I guess I'll just have to bring a bit more with me! Thanks for your help

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 6:20 pm
Have a safe trip! Good luck!

exhausted

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 6:25 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics