Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cookbook for Pesach

morahtikvah

Post Sun, Jan 27 2013, 10:11 pm
What is your favourite cookbook for Pesach? Is it an exclusively Pesach book or a section in a year round cookbook?

wispalover

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 7:55 am
I really like the kosher by design pesach cookbook.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 8:26 am
Darchei Torah of Detroit.

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 11:22 am
I like the ones mailed out each year by Yeshiva Meon Hatorah

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 11:29 am
The Aish HaTorah cookbook (do they still sell it?) - highly recommended especially for beginners, and anyone wanting simple 'real' stuff.

Tamar Ansh's book (forgot the name in English) which has lots if you don't use gebrokts.

morahtikvah

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 11:48 am
Thanks. My favourite is Pam Reiss's Passover- A Kosher Collection. But I a am interested in trying something new this year.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 1:23 pm
Tamar Ansh's book is Pesach - Anything's Possible. Tamar is available to answer any questions by email; she's very friendly and helpful. (A friend from seminary.)

Frenchfry

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 7:40 pm
Balebustas choice for pesach is fantastic. Esp. If you don't use "products"

morahtikvah

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 7:56 pm
What book do people like best with grebuchts and processed foods?

3Qts

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 12:04 pm
The have approx 10 pesach cookbooks. I like the lubavitch, I think its called spice and spirit the most.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 1:39 pm
I like Dining In for Peasach. I like their year round ones too for that matter!!

shiffycc

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 2:02 pm
Last year was my first pasach in america. I didn't have a cookbook, so I collected all the recipe suppliments from binah, mishpacha,and ami and made my own. I probably did %80 of my coking from that.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 2:49 pm
morahtikvah wrote:
What book do people like best with grebuchts and processed foods?

Darchei Torah Detroit

boysrus

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 8:29 pm
My favorite one is Pesach sane and sound - produced by WIT of Baltimore. think it is available in teh stores , if not try emailing them at witbaltimore@verizon.net. (I just googled it for you); it is a pesach planner and recipe book all in one, it has great tips, ideas, haskafa adn amazing recipes. it is the only one I use now for everyhing! a friend bought it for me for a gift

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 9:43 pm
I also like the Aish one. It makes what is gebrochs and what isn't. The other one we have is the spice & spirit.

morahtikvah

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:15 am
What is the Aish one called? I love year round Aish cookbook called The Taste of Shabbos. It was especially good when we lived in Eretz Yisrael. It was perfect for me as an American Kallah cooking in Israel.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:20 am
morahtikvah wrote:
What is the Aish one called? I love year round Aish cookbook called The Taste of Shabbos. It was especially good when we lived in Eretz Yisrael. It was perfect for me as an American Kallah cooking in Israel.

I seem to remember it has a really boring title, something like the 'The Aish Women's Branch Cookbook for Pesach' (I have it in Hebrew and I can't remember the name in Hebrew either, and it's locked away in my Pesach cupboard). It also looks really boring - it is white with a spiral binding and no pictures.

BUT it is a great cookbook. Real women making real, tasty Pesach food contributed their recipes. Almost all with basic ingredients. Some recipes have brief comments. They put an asterisk by everything gebrokts so you can quickly find an appropriate recipe. It also has loads of categories - I would say if you want to buy one cookbook, and you are not looking for fancy concoctions to dazzle your guests, this is the one.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:26 am
Here, found it. The new edition (1998!) seems to have been spruced up a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/Kosher-P.....books

grace413

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:28 am
I have the very old Aish cookbook. It's great, especially in Israel. Definitely got my money's worth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics