Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Some questions about the bugaboo Bee

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:03 pm
Ive read through some old threads, but have questions which may have some updated answers.

First, anyone know if they came out with a Bee 2013, and if it's any better than older models and why?
Does the Bee lay completely flat so baby can lay on stomach as needed?
Does it wheel well enough? (compares to Maclaren, better/worse?)

I'm also looking for the cheapest place to buy it. Not EBay please. Too much searching there.

happy chick

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:11 pm
I have the 2007 model. I love it. its not really made for baby lying on stomach, but ive done it on occasion. it wheels great, but because the wheels are small, its hard in the snow, and its also hard to get it up some steps (the kind with the bricks where plank sticks out a bit, sometimes the plank sticks out a drop too much). but other than that, its really great. the newer model has a smaller canopy, which I love the bigger one. not sure what other changes they made

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:18 pm
Thanks.
Are the newer model bases generally wider than the older ones?
Some bees I see on the street look tiny to me, while others look more spacious for the child. Is that true or does the color hood make the size look different?

Anyone else with info would be appreciated.

happy chick

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:21 pm
I dont think so. I think theyre the same size, but the other thing is that the older model had an extra flap on the side of the seat. the newer one looks sorta empty on the sides. maybe it gives it a wider look because it looks less bulky. I dont know

21young

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:25 pm
I have the Bee of 2011. I absolutely love it! I never put the baby face down in it, but it does lay flat, he used to sleep very well in it. I think it wheels much better than the Maclaren, don't know if it's bigger than the older model but I like that it's very narrow and easy to navigate.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 9:51 pm
21young wrote:
I have the Bee of 2011. I absolutely love it! I never put the baby face down in it, but it does lay flat, he used to sleep very well in it. I think it wheels much better than the Maclaren, don't know if it's bigger than the older model but I like that it's very narrow and easy to navigate.

Thanks.
I like the fact hat it's esy to navigate. That why I want it. My problem with the tiny look is that the baby looks like its popping out of the carriage for some reason. It just has such a weird look.

Tekky

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 4:37 am
hi. I was looking at the bugaboo bee myself, and someone at pishposhbaby gave me all the answers.
there is no 2013 bee. they did update the wheels (yet again) to stop the shimmering. it lies almost completely flat, but it's recommended that you use a cocoon or car seat adapter for an infant
personally, I was convinced against it after watching people attempt to wheel it. I think it looks extremely unsafe and the child looks very insecure. maclarens def wheel better, but how can you compare a sleek bee to a clumsy maclaren?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 12:48 pm
cfx wrote:
hi. I was looking at the bugaboo bee myself, and someone at pishposhbaby gave me all the answers.
there is no 2013 bee. they did update the wheels (yet again) to stop the shimmering. it lies almost completely flat, but it's recommended that you use a cocoon or car seat adapter for an infant
personally, I was convinced against it after watching people attempt to wheel it. I think it looks extremely unsafe and the child looks very insecure. maclarens def wheel better, but how can you compare a sleek bee to a clumsy maclaren?

Thanks, CFX.

I happen to find MacLaren very sleek. I love my Denim Quest. Wheels ok.
I wanted something a bit bigger this time as an infant carriage. My ques is if the bee is the right choice.
I didn't want too klutzy as in the Cameleon.

How does the Uppa baby compare to bugaboo?

ilovestrollers

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 1:42 pm
On the newer bees, the seat back and seat bottom expand to accommodate a larger child. The seat is quiet large when fully expanded. I have the bugaboo bee plus and love it. I had so many strollers till I got the bee, and now I don't give strollers another look.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 2:09 pm
Am I the only one that thinks that the Bee looks and feels flimsy?
I know a few people that had problems with wheels falling off and other parts breaking.
In all cases, Bugaboo replaced the carriage free of charge, but I would be nervous for safety reasons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics