Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can I lost ten pounds by pesach?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:24 am
I gained a little weight the past few months due to emotional stresses and stuff. Now I want to lose ten pounds before pesach. I don't want to do any drastic diets where I will need to starve. I figure I have at least ten weeks to do it and I want it to be a slow but steady process. Like I said I am not heavy or really overweight just ten pounds above my normal weight. Can anyone give me some tips?

shayna82

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:37 am
chop your portions in half, but your portions should be healthy and filling. can you get on a treadmill at night or in the morning? exercise and eating less will help.

good luck

willow

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:39 am
Sure ten weeks ten pounds is doable. That is one pound a week, but I would say go for eight or nine just to give yourself a little leeway.
1- Drink, drink and drink another cup of water.
2- Excercise every day
3- Eat healthy. Healthy being the key word. No need to starve yourself or only eat cottage cheese and cabbage. But then again make sure your portions are not out of control.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:40 am
Check out this site:
http://caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html

This calculator tells you how much you have to eat in order to MAINTAIN your current weight. It then goes on to explain how much you need to subtract from your current calorie intake in order to lose weight.

happymom

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:55 am
eat three normal sized meals a day, drink alot of water and excersize. if youre hungry have a fruit, some nuts or some healthy protein like low fat cottege chees. youll loose weight just by eating healthy and thats the best way!

purplegirl

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 12:51 pm
1. Keep fruits and vegetables around so that if you want to snack you will take them.
2. Don't buy unhealthy stuff so that you're not tempted.
3. Eating healthy takes planning - here's a tip from Flylady - plan your menu for the week in advance and go shopping once, that way you know what you're cooking, that's it's healthy, and you won't end up making macaroni and cheese if you're trying to avoid it.
4. Find ways to move. Turn on music and dance! With DH Mr. Green Jump around for a minute. Do knee-to-elbow thingies while talking on the phone.
5. Yeah - WATER! WATER! WATER!
6. Positive self-talk: "I am going to look and feel so gooooood, oooh lala..." Write down your successes. "I ate half an apple! Yipee!"

GOOD LUCK!
Now if I only I would follow my own advice... Mr. Green

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 12:53 pm
You sure can. You have eight weeks. Just make sure you have enough filling food so you aren't tempted to cheat.

nanama

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 2:24 pm
Try not bringing the forbidden food into your home, I would also like to lose some extra pounds, this is where I start.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise