Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Mitzva notes for older kids

MommyEsty

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 12:32 pm
I was to introduse some kinds mitzva note thing in my hebrewschool class that gets the kids to bring a note when they do a mitva.
but the kids are a little old for a mitzva tree, like 6 or 7
what could I do?I cant really do bricks to build up beis hamikdosh cuz they are not frum and even if I explain it to them it wont hit home..
so any ideas please of what mitzva note project we can do on the wall..
thanks!!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 12:45 pm
Maybe just "re-build" the kosel - would they get that?

What about a filling a rolling Torah scroll? They can connect their mitzvah notes with commandments in the Torah.

timeout

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 1:05 pm
how bout Mitzvah balloons or I really think the bricks to teh Beis Hamikdosh is a good idea it can be explained.

Or how bout explaining the "Pay it forward" every Mitzvah leads to someone else doing one.

mumoo

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:56 pm
my husband mails 'mitzva notes' to grown up people for example, the man who lived in our community who drove him home from the airport; the girls who volunteer for a Sunday girls learning program, me, when I hosted a large family for a week including Shabbos, etc.

If you think the children are too old to get praise notes from home, why not study the bein adam l'chaveiro mitzvos and enjoin the students to look out for people doing these mitzvos and reporting back to you, while also telling of the mitzvos they did that week.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 4:27 pm
I like the kosel ideas alot (sorry defy) Wink

MorahRachel

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 5:25 pm
mumoo wrote:
my husband mails 'mitzva notes' to grown up people for example, the man who lived in our community who drove him home from the airport; the girls who volunteer for a Sunday girls learning program, me, when I hosted a large family for a week including Shabbos, etc.

If you think the children are too old to get praise notes from home, why not study the bein adam l'chaveiro mitzvos and enjoin the students to look out for people doing these mitzvos and reporting back to you, while also telling of the mitzvos they did that week.

This is a really great idea. I think when a mitzvah note is written for the student's own mitzvah it can take away the intrinsic value of doing that mitzvah. This idea of having the students look out for other mitzvot will increase their awareness of people doing mitzvot without taking away the intrinsic value and motivation. You could also (as the teacher) "catch" them doing mitzvot occassionally and write them a note.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics