Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Diaper genie,diaper champ, ect. Which is best?
1  2  Next

newmom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:56 pm
I would like to buy a diaper disposal system but I'm not sure which one to get. Any advice on the diaper genie vs. diaper champ vs. diaper dekor?

The champ sounds like a good idea because you don't have to buy special bags for it. For those of you who have it, does it work well.
Please respond ASAP, I'd like to order one now.
thanks

shoy18

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 4:16 pm
DON'T BOTHER, just throw the diapers out!!!! After a while no matter which you buy they start to STINK!!!

QueenBee

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 4:46 pm
I find that the little bags that they make specially for diapers work really well. They are scented and are the perfect size. If necessary, I use two. I think they are called "nappy bags".

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 6:33 pm
Quote:
I find that the little bags that they make specially for diapers work really well. They are scented and are the perfect size. If necessary, I use two. I think they are called "nappy bags".

Yes, they only cost about $1 (for a pk of 50) and you can take them with you too. it’s the best thing, it really captures the smell, amazing

Squash

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 6:36 pm
who sells these in bp? I only find them when I go to monsey.

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 6:39 pm
99 cents store, all pharmacies, amazing savings...

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:09 pm
I have the "diaper genie 2 " and really like it. Truth be told, it was the only one in Target the day that I went to buy it, so there is no major reason as to why I bought it over the others. I just know that I am happy with it.

newmom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 9:52 pm
I already use those mini-bags but still have to take them outside right away. I was hoping to buy one of these things so I don't have to go outside to the trash after each stinky diaper.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:16 am
I don't have these, so I don't recall, but when we were expecting our first, my husband's chavrusa told him to make sure to get the Diaper Champ (I think) and not the Genie so you don't have to buy refills for the bags...Ifyou want to get a pail, it's kdai to get one that you can use regular garbage bags for, and I think that's the case with the Champ.

elkayed

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:23 am
I have the champ and love the convenience of it. so easy to just put it in and turn the handle. I think finding a bag to lock a diaper in all the time is soo anoying. Yes, when you open it,it smells but usually you dont smell anything. I air it out when I change the bag and I use regular garbage bags in it.

newmom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 11:00 am
elkayed- does it work for toddlers diapers that are stinkier than newborns? Some of the ratings I saw said that it was fine until their kids started eating solids.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 2:27 pm
I have the diaper dekor, it's fine and easy to use, but its nasty when you have to empty it. It only fills up about every 3 wks and smells horrible for those few minutes that you're dealing with it. Its also more pricey than the others-40$.
In retrospect, I would have skipped it and just double bagged each dirty diaper and emptied the trash more often instead of stockpiling the stuff. shock

elkayed

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 4:51 pm
I have had no difference with infant or toddler diapers. When you do open it to take out the bag it will smell though!

newmom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 6:03 pm
thanks

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:08 pm
I personally think they are a waste of money. I threw out my diaper genie after a few months. Also once you have more than one child in diapers its not worth it. Those little smelly bags are enough. I just use the bag from the store.

queen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 1:21 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
I personally think they are a waste of money. I threw out my diaper genie after a few months. Also once you have more than one child in diapers its not worth it. Those little smelly bags are enough. I just use the bag from the store.

pickle- why did you throw it out.... what was your problem with it?

Interested to know as we don't have any.
I just throw out the diapers each time.... and it's working for now, but curious none the less to other options.

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 8:24 am
I threw it out because I asked many friends and none wanted it. It was only $30 and taking up too much space in my house and wasn't worth it to have. I had 2 kids in diapers at that time and I would be emptying it everyday which I thought was a waste. I have a small apt and the ktichen garbage is only a few steps from wherever I just changed the baby.

elkayed

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 10:39 am
I change most diapers upstairs and to have to bring a smelly diaper downstairs all the time, right away, to find a bag to lock it in was just too annoying! Thats why I love it.

Dini

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:01 am
I had the diaper gene and kept it for almost a year and I hated it so I threw it out, b/c when I would change the bag it stank so bad I thought I would throw up so I just double bagged and usually I was going out after the diaper was changed b/c I worked and at night the garbage goes out. Now I don't work but I have a porch so I have a little garbage can out there so everytime there is a smelly pamper I put it in a shopping bag and put it out there until I empty it when the big garbage is going out.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 9:22 pm
I have the diaper champ but it hasnt been used in quite a while I might get it out ot have available with the new baby iyh
it can get stinky if u dont clean it out regularly or keep it in a warm place
but right now I buy "nappy sacks" from target or the dollar store
my kids call them "poop bags" and they will bring me one with a clean diaper Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics