Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Headboard for 48" Mattresses?

groovy1224

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:49 am
So DH and I lost all our furniture to Sandy, and we just found a new apartment and we're looking into buying furniture now. Since we're buying all new stuff, I would like to get headboards since I've always wanted one and now that we're forced to buy new furniture, seems like the right time.
The problem is the bedroom is not big enough for 2 full size beds, but we want bigger than twin, so we're going to go with the 48" mattresses. But I don't think they make headboards that size.
So my question is does anyone know if you can just use a full size headboard with a 48" mattress? Would it look odd? Or maybe even a twin size headboard and center it?

And on a separate question, can you put a headboard against a window? We never really open the shades in our bedroom anyway, so I'm not really concerned about blocking the window but again I wonder if it would look strange, so I'm curious is anyone has done this and could tell me that it looks fine.
TIA! Smile

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:51 am
Almost every furniture in Brooklyn and Lakewood sells 48" headboards.
Where do you plan on purchasing the mattresses?

groovy1224

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 6:07 pm
Oh really? I didn't even know they made those..I was probably going to get the mattresses from sleeptight bedding in the five towns.

spaghetti

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 10:07 am
wat did u end up doing?

im also looking for 48 inch headboards...

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:39 am
Where can I get an upholstered 48” headboard for cheapest price in Brooklyn ? I.e. which store?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Where can I get an upholstered 48” headboard for cheapest price in Brooklyn ? I.e. which store?

The cheapest is by Chaim upholstery in Flatbush. Check his Instagram acct. His work is custom but it's the cheapest in Brooklyn. I priced every single place in Brooklyn I think. Sterns furniture for example was 50-100 more but they had a standard shape they make. By chaims I showed him a picture of a shape I wanted and he made it for me and it was still cheaper than sterns.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:56 am
Stern's was $50-$100 more than Chaim's, or 50-100% more?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
The cheapest is by Chaim upholstery in Flatbush. Check his Instagram acct. His work is custom but it's the cheapest in Brooklyn. I priced every single place in Brooklyn I think. Sterns furniture for example was 50-100 more but they had a standard shape they make. By chaims I showed him a picture of a shape I wanted and he made it for me and it was still cheaper than sterns.

Thank you. Can I ask how much it came out to? Looking for plain cream colored.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:14 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Thank you. Can I ask how much it came out to? Looking for plain cream colored.

I paid $700 a piece plus $100 for delivery and assembly- connecting it to the bed. The others started at $750

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Stern's was $50-$100 more than Chaim's, or 50-100% more?

$50-100 more. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics