Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Plus size wedding gown

shtern

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:45 pm
Is there a web-site that I can find a plus size tzniusdike gown for my nephews wedding? He's getting married the first week in March.I don't live in N.Y. and live at least 5 hrs from the closest Jewish community.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:58 pm
Suggestions from a big girl:

David's Bridal has a website with gowns (not just wedding dresses) and separates. You can get a beautiful skirt and dress it up or down depending on the shirt. Prices can be reasonable. Also check out the bridesmaid section, some of the outfits can be really inexpensive.

Lord & Taylor (expensive but have great sales)

J. Jill and Coldwater Creek both have plus sizes and it depends on the style that season they are carrying. I've found wonderful finds at both stores. The stores usually don't carry the plus sizes, but wonderful selection online/catalog.

Come visit my closet!

shtern

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:29 pm
thank you amother I checked out these websites I am having a hard time finding something.I'll keep on looking.

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:44 pm
Ebay 8) I'm serious

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:46 pm
Honestly? Have it made... the chances of finding something that yuou won't have to alter isn't great any way...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 12:40 am
I'm a plus size

ordered from david's bridal. look under accessories, they have a bolero jacket that matches any of their satin dresses.

I got an expensive dress from them ($180- they have a lot for $99) with the jacket and some alterations from my seamstress---> $299.

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:32 am
I just added 2 plus size outfits on http://www.simchawear.com Good Luck!

su7kids

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 11:48 am
I got my outfit for my son's wedding from Distinctions.com They have awesome outfits. Some you may have to put something into the neck line to make it go up high enough, because, apparently, due to gravity, for us plus sizers, the only place we don't LOOK fat is above our chest area!!! So they expose that.

But Distinctions is expensive, but its a great store. It is based here in S. Diego.

su7kids

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 11:50 am
By the way, I also got a really cool outfit from Lane Bryant. I had to have the shoulders taken up so it would be high enough around the neckline. Let me see if I can find alink to it.

OK, its not there anymore, but this one, with the sleeves lined could work:

http://www.lanebryantcatalog.c.....ype=0

shtern

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 9:50 pm
everyone,thank you so much for all these ideas, I'll let you know if I found something or if I had to make it.

shtern

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:07 pm
su7kids I went on that web site the dress looks very nice and a good price. thank you so much.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 1:35 pm
any new ideas for plus size gowns?

bonitag1

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 2:38 pm
Last year I bought the gown for my daughter's wedding at Nordstroms.com. And my daughter-in-law ended up buying one online from there too. Both gowns had long sleeved jackets and required no alterations to make them tznius. Look in the bridal/mother of the bride section.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics