Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me buy a watch please

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 2:34 pm
Hi, I'm in the market for a new watch and looking to spend about $300. I'm so out of it-what are some brand names? And where are good places to shop for one? TIA!

Sherri

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 2:36 pm
Where do you live?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 2:40 pm
I'm in Far Rockaway/5 towns but I meant websites or stores that would likely be all over like Macy's or something. But open to anything I guess.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 4:43 pm
I find it difficult to order watches online without trying them on in a store first to see if I like the way they look on my wrist and if I can actually use them to tell time. No joke, but some watches are very pretty but not very functional.

Here's my tried and true method:

Go to any department store - Macy's, Lord & Taylor's, etc. Tell the salesperson that you are just browsing because you don't know what you want yet, so they don't expect you to buy anything. Try on watches that appeal to you, and make a note of the brand, model #, and price. Then go home and do some online research. If you find a better price online, then order it. Otherwise you can go back to the store.

justmarried:)

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:51 pm
Michael Kors

anonymrs

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 10:15 pm
I'm also looking for a new watch. Anyone who likes to shop online and wants to post links for me? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

yingsthings

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 10:16 pm
www.ashford.com
www.worldofwatches.com
www.overstock.com

What exactly are you looking for? On trend? or classical?

Right now the biggest trend for women is rose gold-tone and larger watch faces (I'm currently putting my very dainty Tag Heur into a box and wearing one of my husband's Breitling chronographs)

Good brands in your price range that will last for quite awhile;

seiko, bulova, hamilton.

If your goal is to get a watch then spend the $300 for a good brand at one of these websites that have free shipping and wont' charge you tax.

If you want something on trend that's going to last you as long as the specific trend; go to your local Macy's, Lord & Taylor when there's a sale.

Also, while shopping online, go to retailmenot.com for online coupons.

Being fashionable does not mean spending full price Smile

mrshj

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 10:31 pm
I just bought my husband a beautiful Bering watch. He absolutely loves it. And I am tempted to buy one for myself too. I like the quality of it. I bought it at A Silver Breeze online. They are in NY and they give free shipping. If the order is over 149 then it is free overnight shipping. Here's a link to their watch collection. If your hubby is into funky then you should check out the wewood collection. I am not that daring but I love those watches.
http://www.asilverbreeze.com/b.....ction
Check out the wewood ones too

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 10:44 pm
Try a Timex for $35 - $50. Now that's good time management.

happy2Bamommy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 11:49 pm
I'd definitely go with ashford. They have a huge selection of different styles, sizes, brands, different occasions, and their prices are unbelievable! I just got a watch running in the range of $550-$600 on Ashford for $250!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 1:23 am
Thanks for all the suggestions! A friend just gave a strong recommendation for Michael Kors. This ashford site looks nice. Whoever bought from them or from any place online--you were ok buying it without trying it on?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 2:41 am
Try Costco and BJs Warehouse. I bought a Movada half the price of Macy's.

clara12

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 3:20 am
I went shopping all over for a watch until I found the one I liked. I ended up getting it locally but I know that amazon also carries this company. Its Jowissa Swiss Made. I wear it every day and keep getting lots of compliments on it. They have some really nice peices.

thanks

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 8:41 am
Fossil is also a great brand. I have one that's dressy, and I get compliments.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics