Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Educational psychologist recommendations (northern NJ)

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 7:31 am
We want to have our 7 year old evaluated - he's a smart kid, but just not thriving in school. We feel that there is a piece that's not allowing him to reach his potential, but not sure what that piece is. Any recommendations for an educational psychologist, familiar with yeshiva style education?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:34 am
I am very sad that you got no replies b/c I am looking for the same. Have you ever heard of Dr. Evan Kroll? I saw an advertisment for him but now I can't find it. I am going to try to get some feedback on him. If you find someone can you post? Thank you.

oodlesofnoodles

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:39 am
My cousin is a school psychologist, she lives in Union County, feel free to pm me for her contact info

Peace and Happiness

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:27 am
I have heard good things about Dr. Kroll, but haven't spoken to anyone who has used him. As a psychology graduate student, I have seen de-identified evaluations done by Dr. Judy Silver (located in Riverdale). I was very impressed by them and have heard that she is competent and professional.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 1:58 pm
Thank you for the names so far.
Anyone else have any experience with their own kids?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 3:53 pm
Dr. Resa Fogel. Amazing person who evaluated my daughter when we wanted her to skip nursery and go to kindergarten even though she was past the cutoff. The school would only agree if she got an evaluation. They agreed to let her skip and BH it worked out very well. Her number is 973 767 2779 or 973 931 8696. She has an office in Montclair and an office in Teaneck.
I also used Evan Kroll for a different child with a different issue but would not recommend.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 6:28 pm
Dr. Abrah bessler is extremely .
Very expensive. Office in englewood

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 6:30 pm
Sorry. Meant to say extremely good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children