Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Parev soups please!

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:23 pm
most of my vegertable soup recipes call for lentils or split peas. we are not sefardi! so no kitniyos for us on Pesach.
Any ideas for tasty soups, easy and not too many ingredients? TIA

granolamom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:34 pm
potato leek (onion, celery, leeks, potatoes, water, salt & pepper)
squash (bnut squash, onion, carrot, sweet potato, white potato)
carrot-dill (2 lb carrots, 3 or 4 yukon gold potatoes, onion, lots of dill in bouquet garni, let it steep for about 20 min after you finished cooking the soup)
those are all blended
I also like a regular vegetable soup, sautee onions, celery, carrots, zucchini until soft, add water and a potato or two. sometimes I add chickpeas or lentils but obviously not on pesach

that's what comes to mind right now.
I also have a good sweet potato leek but dont know it off-hand

r_ch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:45 pm
Tomato soup (skinned tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery stalk, ground coriander (optional but yum), potato. More potatoes if you want to make it thicker).
Green celery soup (celery, onions, garlic, potato).
Cauliflower soup (cauliflower, onions, garlic, potato).
You get the scheme:) Any vegetable. For zucchini you'll need some dill along.

cpa613

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:59 pm
Sweet potato soup - saute onions and garlic. Add 4 sweet potatoes, 3 carrots, 2 potatoes - a little pareve chicken soup mix. Cover with water to cook (about 10 cups). Cook until veggies are soft. I use an immersion blender in the pot when it's done.

Cauliflower soup - same idea - saute the onions and garlic. Add 2 bags of frozen cauliflower (also with 2 potatoes for thickness), same pareve chicken soup mix. Add the water. Cook until soft. I use an immersion blender in the pot when it's done.

r_ch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:03 pm
I've seen you're looking for something to stay on the hot plate. I'm telling you I'm not sure about my soups enduring that long, never tried it.

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:26 pm
thanks everyone, great ideas!

r-ch, I dont need just recpes for soup fr shabbos lunch,but also for regular meals ie, just quickly reheating. if you have other ideas please feel free to post them, thanks a lot!

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:40 pm
I just made my favorite soup -- zucchini mint.

Saute 1 med sweet onion in olive oil, when translucent, add 1 lb potato, cubed, and water to cover. Cook 10-20 min. Add 3 lbs chopped zucchini , salt to taste, and more water to cover. Cover pot and simmer for 15 min until zucchini is cooked. Add fresh basil, mint, and parsley. Use immersion blender or regular blender in batches to puree. Add more salt and pepper to taste.

r_ch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:43 pm
You're welcome. I forgot to add that all mine are cream soups.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics