Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Milchig/ parev dinners
1  2  Next

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 10:25 pm
Anyone have any ideas for milchig/ parev dinners? Need some ideas please.

gryp

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 10:38 pm
I am dreaming here because I dont have a milchig oven but how about milchig lasagna, eggplant parmesan, baked ziti,... (you said you love pasta, no?)
for Pareve dinners we have fish- salmon, tuna patties,...
once in a while homemade falafels.

if were not that hungry, sometimes I take the easy way out and make "tunafels" embarrassed I make a big salad, add a can of tuna, dress it, and eat it in pitas.... embarrassed

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:03 pm
I don't really get how to quote a few times and add things in between maybe s/o can give me tips.

[quote="RG"]I am dreaming here because I dont have a milchig oven
Quote:

Neither do I but I have a really big convection that can fit 2 9x13 pans

Quote:
but how about milchig lasagna, eggplant parmesan, baked ziti,... (you said you love pasta, no?)

Yup I LOVE pasta, addicted that is!!! Very Happy How do/did you make eggplant parmesan. The recipe in the S&S takes forever and I never make it really good. Any tips? Recipes? Is it possible to make it w/o frying the eggplants?

Quote:
for Pareve dinners we have fish- salmon, tuna patties,...
once in a while homemade falafels.

I have not made falafels in a while. Good idea! Anything else parev that isn't fish?

Quote:
if were not that hungry, sometimes I take the easy way out and make "tunafels" embarrassed I make a big salad, add a can of tuna, dress it, and eat it in pitas.... embarrassed

Sounds like a quick and easy idea. Hey, ever lady needs a break sometimes, nothing to be embarrassed about! We after all don't run on batteries, eventhough it s/t looks like we do. Wink

yehudis

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:17 pm
Pareve: rice with kidney beans, rice or quinoa with corn and peas, tofu in any form with some side dish, rice or quinoa with lentils... Use legumes in creative ways.

RedVines

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:23 pm
yum, I love michig...(dont have much time, if something sounds good let me know and I'll get ya the recipie)

Mushroom quiche, spinach quiche, sweet kugal, baked ziti, blintzes

Mexican: quesadillas, burritos,

amother

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:42 pm
Sunshine you quoted fine, except you quoted yourself 8)

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:44 pm
yehudis wrote:
Pareve: rice with kidney beans, rice or quinoa with corn and peas, tofu in any form with some side dish, rice or quinoa with lentils... Use legumes in creative ways.

What is quinoa and where can I find it? How do I cook it?

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 11:51 pm
mommyoftwo wrote:
yum, I love michig...(dont have much time, if something sounds good let me know and I'll get ya the recipie)

Mushroom quiche, spinach quiche, sweet kugal, baked ziti, blintzes

Mexican: quesadillas, burritos,

I love Mexican food. Tongue Out Do you have good recipes for quesadillas and borritos and any other Mexican food? Yum!!! That is something I didn't eat in a long time and now that you reminded me boy do I miss it!!! I can't find refried beans in any of the supper markets do you know any kosher brands? The only one I know is Del David and they have it in kosher stores only since it is a small jewish brand which we can't get here.

yehudis

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 12:20 am
Sunshine wrote:

What is quinoa and where can I find it? How do I cook it?

Quinoa is a grain that has lots of iron and protein and is supposed to be very healthy. Where do you live? I buy it at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Any health foods store should have it.

girliesmommy

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:28 am
In the Spice and Spirit there is a recipe for Blintz loaf. It is delicious, and so easy to make. It calls for a few different types of cheese, and sour cream, neither of which I can get here, but I just put in the one I can buy here (similar to farmer cheese) and it's yum! Also, if you're making it, I add some cinnamon to the cheese batter. Enjoy!

supermom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:30 am
my husband claims that he is eating cake for a meal and he can't handle it when I make the blintz loaf. but don't get me wrong I love it.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 7:07 am
Fish is so flexible - you can have steaks, fillets, patties. We have fish at least once a week and once a week tofu or something else.

For a light meal I will sometimes make creamed mushrooms over toast, or letcho (stewed onions, tomatoes, peppers (zucchini optional), thickened with eggs) over toast.

Eggplant lasagne - like eggplant parmesan but half the time. You egg and bread sliced eggplant, fry it (sorry, but you might be able to bake it on an oiled pan) and then pour pizza or marinara sauce over it right in the frying pan, sprinkle with cheese and cover and cook till the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles.

elisecohen

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 7:21 am
Rice & lentils is popular in our house. Also homemade bread and salad. I try to minimize the high-fat, high-cheese milchig/pareve meals.

gryp

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 9:15 am
hey Sunshine- if you want to quote certain parts to answer: copy and paste the words you want to quote, and then highlight it and click on the "quote" box.

I dont have a milchig oven but im looking for a small one to use thats small enough to be stored away and big enough to cook a meal that were not starving afterwards. anyone have any recommendations?

Sunshine

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:43 pm
Quote:
hey Sunshine- if you want to quote certain parts to answer: copy and paste the words you want to quote, and then highlight it and click on the "quote" box.

Let me test this out and see if it works. The only prob is that it doesn't say who I am quoting. How do I do that?

Quote:
I dont have a milchig oven but im looking for a small one to use thats small enough to be stored away and big enough to cook a meal that were not starving afterwards. anyone have any recommendations?

I have a larger size convection oven by Magic Mill, but my sister has one that is bigger than a toaster but smaller then mine. She got it in Sterling Electronics. It can fit one 9x13 pan. Let me know if that is arround what you want and I can ask her what company she has.

Sunshine

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:49 pm
Thanks Lady for the Idea !!! Please keep 'em commin'!!! Yes Thumbs Up

gryp

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:49 pm
Quote:
Let me test this out and see if it works. The only prob is that it doesn't say who I am quoting. How do I do that?

good job! I dont know how you get it to say who you are quoting, I thought it could only do that if youre quoting the whole thing.

Quote:
I have a larger size convection oven by Magic Mill, but my sister has one that is bigger than a toaster but smaller then mine. She got it in Sterling Electronics. It can fit one 9x13 pan. Let me know if that is arround what you want and I can ask her what company she has.

sounds good to me.

Mod2

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 3:43 pm
Ladies there is also a convection oven nice size which has a double burner attached for less then $270cnd look into it.

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 4:01 pm
I know we discussed this in milchig oven/fleishig oven thread, but I don't remember. Don't any of you make milchigs in your fleishig oven and just keep it covered?!? I make pizza in a 9x13 pan and bake it covered. same w/ baked ziti, lasagna, tuna/noodle casserole... The only fish I know how to make is fried fillets (you know, dip in egg, dip in bread crumbs, then fry). I can't stand fish that tastes too "fishy." SO I haven't been very creative w/ fish recipes. any suggestions?
how do you make falafel? from one of those mixes? I don't think I have time to do it from scratch.

Sunshine

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:47 pm
sarahd wrote:
once a week tofu or something else.
For a light meal I will sometimes make creamed mushrooms over toast,
Eggplant lasagne - like eggplant parmesan but half the time. You egg and bread sliced eggplant, fry it (sorry, but you might be able to bake it on an oiled pan) and then pour pizza or marinara sauce over it right in the frying pan, sprinkle with cheese and cover and cook till the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles.

What do you make with tofu? How do you make creamed mushrooms over toast? Why is it quicker to make the eggplant lasagne rather then eggplant parmesan? Sounds the same except you fry instead of bake and that saves washing some dishes. How high of a flame or electric(which I have) do you cook it on and arround how long does it take to melt the cheese and cook the food?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals