Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Worth going? Seasoned Brooklyn shoppers please weigh in

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 4:03 pm
DD has narrow feet and only Tescher in BP seems to be able to fit her. She could really use new shoes around now so I wanted to get for yom tov. Thinking I would get there before the crowds, I went one afternoon a couple of weeks ago, but we did not make it before the crowds. We waited for 2 hours and then gave up because everyone was tired and hungry and wet (!!!) and there wasn't even enough room in the store for anyone to take 2 steps to see if you could walk comfortably in the shoes. So we went home with the intention of coming back some morning when the rest of the world would be in school or something. Um, it didn't happen. I need a few last-minute items for Pesach and was thinking of swinging into Brooklyn for them. Does it pay to bring DD and try for the shoes again? Will it be the same mob scene or will most of the Pesach shoppers be done already?

I also was thinking of getting shoes for myself there, too. I really, really, really need new shoes and I hate grown-up shopping even worse than I hate waiting in Tescher. I did not find anything that fit me in DSW or the like, I guess my feet are similarly hard to please like DD's.

Frankly besides that extra fish I was considering, I can probably get most of what I need in Target or something and skip Brooklyn altogether but I really want shoes... Mind, on erev Shabbos the whole trip will be a stretch, and we have to get back home to un-Brooklyn afterwards too.

Opinions? Is the shoe situation hopeless? Does any Brooklyn amother want to go to Tescher at dawn and hold a spot until we can get there from un-Brooklyn?!

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 4:49 pm
Gonna be the same mob scene, if not worse.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 4:58 pm
Ha! Teschers has been mobbed since I got my shoes there 2x a year when I was a kid (25 years ago!)

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 5:32 pm
Dang. I'm not the only crazy stupid last minute person who doesn't have shoes on erev Shabbos Hagadol? Sigh.

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 5:57 pm
Get there when the store opens. Most people are not there that early.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 5:58 pm
Me neither, lol. Especially since we have to come from out of Bkln

bobeli

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 5:59 pm
go to diapers.com they have some kids shoes on sale and they deliver in 2 days.
or do zapos and get next day delivery but sometimes more expensive

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 5:59 pm
gold21 wrote:

Thats the worst. The lines are at least an hour long then. That's when families with many children come.

girlzrus

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:02 pm
superdanni wrote:
Ha! Teschers has been mobbed since I got my shoes there 2x a year when I was a kid (25 years ago!)

Yup. I agree. They're the only ones I'll trust with my dc feet. They're soo honest with the quality and fit. (I even got a discount there 2 wks ago just for being a good customer. )

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:07 pm
bobeli wrote:
go to diapers.com they have some kids shoes on sale and they deliver in 2 days.
or do zapos and get next day delivery but sometimes more expensive

I tried that last time she needed because I was just after giving birth and didn't want to shlep. We went through about a dozen pairs from all the best brands in different sizes from Zappos, Amazon, etc, and all had to be returned, ended up going to Tescher anyway and because it wasn't yomtov season or anything we had her fitted with perfect shoes within 10 minutes. Worth every penny and not going to bother with the internet again. Hoping my other child[ren?] will have easier feet though... Rolling Eyes

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
gold21 wrote:

Thats the worst. The lines are at least an hour long then. That's when families with many children come.

Oy.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:27 pm
How about other stores? Will they all still be crazy or will things be winding down because normal people shopped already?
And is there any other place to maybe get comfortable shoes for myself? (Repeat: Already tried non-Jewish mall-type stores with zero luck.)

amother

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:32 pm
No idea which un-Brooklyn you are located in, but if it's more convenient for you, Mr. Tescher's daughter sells shoes in Lakewood and she is excellent at fitting shoes. My dd also has a very narrow foot and I bring her there.

smile22

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 6:40 pm
u can try foot steps in flatbush. they r pretty good

bananasplit

Post Thu, Mar 21 2013, 9:04 pm
Or schwartz's right next to teschers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics