Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Shalom Yeladim day care in NJ--any reviews?

oohlala

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 6:02 am
Does anyone send to any of the three branches of Shalom Yeladim in North NJ? They are opening a branch in washington heights and I want to know whether to consider it. I will have a 21 month old in Sep.
I'd like to know about their professionalism, warmth of morahs, napping situation, and the general program.
Thanks!!

oohlala

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 8:39 am
bump

amother

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 10:50 am
I have only heard about this daycare because I live in the area, I don't have personal experience. But if you post this question on the Teaneckshuls yahoo group, you'll get responses. I've heard it's a good daycare, very expensive but most of the Jewish daycares in bergen county are.

oohlala

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:34 am
bump

amother

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 10:27 am
I sent to the Shalom Yeladim in Tenafly. My experience is very central to that location, FYI.

Marina who owns them all is very nice. I originally sent my son there when there was a wonderful director named Elana. She really brought me in to the school. She has since left and started a new school.

The staff is nice and caring. They had a great building though not as clean as I would like, but really pretty clean (I'm a bit particular about this). They had animals for the kids - chickens, rabbits, etc. and a wonderful outdoor area.

I ended up leaving because the population was really mixed and I wanted my son at an all frum school, with kids who lived on my block and went to our shul. They had a lot of Israelis there and even some non-Jewish kids.

But, they're really helpful and caring and FLEXIBLE when after I had my baby, I needed to go back into the hospital for infections, etc. and they would keep him for extended hours. They were really helpful and saved me with their flexibility. They are professional and have nice/good teachers.

aro

Post Wed, Jun 26 2013, 1:07 pm
Do you mind sharing how much it is?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 10:35 am
I know this is old but I just saw it in a related post link. Maybe someone will search and find this one day Smile My DC is at Shalom Yeladim in teaneck. It's wonderful if you get good teachers, which not all of them are. We have been very happy and then very disappointed. They let teachers' kids attend for free so it attracts young moms and based on DC's teachers this year, I'm going to guess they don't require masters' degrees in early childhood education to teach there.

The director is super sweet unless you have a complaint. In that case, whatever the problem is is your DC's fault.

I agree that they are very flexible, which can be a mechaya.

The crowd in teaneck is pretty frum. Not many secular families. They require you to send kosher food if you don't buy lunch.

It's pretty expensive. I'm paying about $1K per month for my DC in nursery. (8:30-4)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics