Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM without baking?

dmum

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 12:15 pm
I need help coming up with something nice, cute, not too expensive that I can send for MM - but DH doesn't let me bake! Basically I went into labor very early last time I made a bunch of cookie baskets for all my sisters in law and he is scared of me having a major baking blitz.
we are new to town so need to send nice stuff but not too major.
also - DD #1 is being a ladybird/ centipede so if anything can match with that... DD #2 will be whatever outfit she hasn't spat up on by the time we go delivering!! thanks!!!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 5:41 pm
Does DH mind if you cut up fruit or do other arranging? You can use frosting to glue together cookies in shapes llike houses . . with straberries inside . .

You can make veg salads or fruit salads ..always appreciated.

momof6

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 5:58 pm
Fill wine glasses w/ colorful candy, put it in a clear bag w/ wine, tie w/ a colorful/ silver ribbon (can add purple grass if you want)
Nice basket, pretty napkin, fill w/ wine and grapes,
Pretty plate/ basket fill w/ fruit and hamantashan,(maybe you can find a basket/ plate/ cup w/ a garden scene to match your dd,
a box of chocolate and a hamantash.
Choclate dipped pretzels with colorful fruit / candy..............................
You can really get creative w/ the containers............

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:45 am
Why do you need to bake anything?
Since when do MM need to entail so much work?
MM can consist of a bottle of beer and bag of pretzels and/or peanuts. If you want to make it "fancy" put it in a large beer glass.

Personally, I'm soooo sick of people that put the MM inside of a glass or include a mug or some other type of non-disposable package. At first it's cute, but who needs so many extra glasses?

Whatever happened to SIMPLE MM? Can't you just buy a can of coke, candy bar, and small package of cookies and put it inside a brown paper bag?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 8:48 am
hope I can describe this well - buy those clear disposable decorators (for frosting) bags - take 1 bag put hot cocoa powder in tie it up place in second bag - now put mini marshmellows & choc chips on top - then tie up with pretty ribbon and give it out with a cup to make it in or some cookies (bought) to eat with it - looks like an ice cream cone -

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 1:24 pm
She’s right – youdon’t have to “prove” anything with your MM. They don’t define youy as a person!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics