Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you regret any major decision in life?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:07 am
Do you regret any major decision you have made in life?

What, if anything, have you done about it?

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:10 am
repeat post...we have had this before

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:12 am
I very much regret not graduating college, when younger, and can't bear the expense and time to do it now. Many friends feel the same.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:14 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:
repeat post...we have had this before

Where?

Even so, being that it wasn't recent, many new posters means many new thoughts on the matter.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 9:06 am
I would have not gone to a four year university for a BA degree. I would have taken some type of vocational course so that it would have been easier in life to find a job.

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
I would have taken some type of vocational course so that it would have been easier in life to find a job.

Such as?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:44 pm
I regret living with my husband before we were married and bfore we were religious. People tried to tell us not to. We were so much happier married!!! We didn't know better- but I still regret it.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 1:03 am
Based on my experience of having a house full of kids KA"H and a special needs child that you shouldn't really regret things that you've done. I think that decisions that were made at certain points in your life were made bec. at that time you couldn't possibly have done it any differently for whatever reason and I don't think you should look back and say I should have done it a different way. Maybe you would do things differently today than you did 5 years ago, but not because you regret what you did then. It's because at this stage in your life you can do things differently based on what's going on in your life today and not on what went on in your life 5 years ago. I hope I was clear bec. I feel very strongly on not looking back and regretting things that you've done but looking at the here and now and seeing what makes sense to do today.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 7:57 pm
Maybe regret is too strong- I think I wonder what it may have been like to do things the way I would do them now.
I hope that my kids will want to do the things the right way instead of the way I did things.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:40 am
letsbehonest wrote:
amother wrote:
I would have taken some type of vocational course so that it would have been easier in life to find a job.

Such as?

well, I dont work in my field, at all. I would have loved it if before I finished most of my BA the professors would have told me that I would need an MA for this degree. so I now have a BA in psych and dont work in it. I would have rather, looking back, forgotten about uni and done a secretarial course or a medical technicians course, something that I would be able to find work in, more easily.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 5:53 pm
I too regret not becoming a doctor. I dropped out of pre med way too early.
I am now 40 and taught here and there and am out of work and never really studied educaiton like I should eave and therefore never really ebcamethe teacher I should have been when I wasn't the doctor.

I blame my parents for not giving me any direction in college and for not givign me encouragment to fail- so that when I failed organic chemistry- I would ahve jsut did it again.

the were overblown academics who thoguht taht jsut by studying I'd become an academic (hence no need to really study methodolgy fo educaiton).
but then I couldn't handle academia either.

I would have been an excellent doctor.

now I just give medical advice to friends and family.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 5:55 pm
I regret choosing the wrong wedding dress.

and I can't fix that one.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:06 pm
Laziness in high school, worrying about silly things.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:38 pm
I regret not finishing university...I feel stressed out becuase of it all the time!

Liorah61

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:45 pm
The chance to spend an extended time in Israel when I was younger.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:56 pm
like so many of you, I too regret not getting my degree, so that now when I go out to work, I don't only make enough money to pay the babysitter. So hopefully instead of all this regret I can go back to school, so that I can hopefully help my husband support our family.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:59 pm
HINDSIGHT IS 20/20.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
I regret not finishing university...I feel stressed out becuase of it all the time!

I hope this will motivate me to go back to finish my master in september..... I'm so not motivated Crying

ssbarnes

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 3:16 pm
I have made mistakes, but I have no regrets. I am where I am because of all the choices I made up until now. I have learned more from my mistakes than anything else.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 5:23 pm
I regret not making good reliable healthy friends early on in my life. Now I’m catching up B’H, slowly though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics