Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
So who's still counting?
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 7:20 am
I DID IT! I DID IT!! DD forgot this past Friday night (#47 Crying ) - She wasn't home for Shabbat. I told her she should have made believed she was still counting instead of admitting it to me. Well there's always next year Very Happy

I think it's a little anticlimactic finishing on a regular weeknight. After 49 days we should finish tonight in shul with singing and dancing - Like a victory dance. I'm adding it to my suggestions when G-d asks me. (on my list is Pesach cleaning, building a Succah, 3 day yontif on Rosh HaShana, Shmitta, bacon and of course TH)

See you all next year

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 8:53 am
I'm 50 and for the first time in my life I said the last night with a bracha! I did miss a night here and there but never a full day. My husband was so proud of me Tongue Out

myself

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:17 am
I did it! Yay!

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 5:59 pm
We're very machmir. We count till Chodesh Elul.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 10:38 pm
Bump

debsey

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 11:36 pm
so far, so good....... this can be a reminder for us all

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 12:00 am
I have dd and ds competing in who can text me a reminder 1st each day. Now all I have to do is remember friday nights!

grace413

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 2:31 am
I find putting a note (in BIG letters) on the fridge or front door is helpful for Friday night.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 3:05 am
Did BMG Lakewood stop sending out sefirah calendars? Aside from the Telshe Yeshiva Chanuka candles, the BMG sefirah calendar is the only junk mail I actually appreciate getting. No sign of it yet. Crying

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 8:43 pm
grace413 wrote:
I find putting a note (in BIG letters) on the fridge or front door is helpful for Friday night.

I would not see it there. I try to leave s/t on my pillow to remind me. Cant put my head down and miss that!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:30 pm
I'm still in! :-)

DH and I put a teddy bear in a noticeable place in the bedroom - the "Omer Bear!" - and then we remember. So far so good.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 11:26 pm
I signed up for a text reminder this year and it's been very helpful so far. Now I just have to remember on Friday nights...

artz

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 3:16 pm
make a placement card and put it on your Shabbos table

Ak

Post Wed, Apr 15 2015, 10:59 pm
I'm still in it Smile this year I'm determined to count fully. To remember on Shabbos, I have a note taped to my Shabbos lamp.

newmammy

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 6:01 am
Me Very Happy
My husband likes to count again every day in the morning without a Bracha, this way if you ever forget a night for some reason you still don't lose the Bracha because you made it up by day. Usually, you remember that you missed a night when you are ready to say it the next night and you are a day behind..... by then it's too late.
It worked for me last year, it was the first time in a long time (maybe ever) that I kept my Bracha until the end.
Good luck everyone Thumbs Up

peace91

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 7:08 am
I forgot night number two. It was really upsetting. So now I try to remember counting without a bracha but foe some reason I find it harser to remember than most years. Maybe cause I don't have the pressure to remember (or else I lose the ability to say it without a bracha.)

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 9:39 am
not gonna read through all nine pages, but I am still counting, bc of this https://play.google.com/store/.....hl=en FREE app, and for shabbos, since my dad goes to the early minyan and has to wait anyways, we put a siddur on the table (or near the benchers) with the sefira chart marked, to use as a reminder to count

Rutabaga

Post Sat, May 16 2015, 9:38 pm
I made it this far with a bracha, but I forgot to count over Shabbos. I'm really annoyed at myself. Sad

zaq

Post Sat, May 16 2015, 10:29 pm
Sometimes I remind dh, sometimes dh reminds me, and sometimes the Omer calendar on the kitchen bulletin board reminds both of us.

imasinger

Post Sat, May 16 2015, 10:38 pm
I messed up pretty early, but am still doing my best to count without a bracha. Amazing how long I went thinking that if I couldn't count the next night or week with a bracha, I shouldn't count at all. Now, I know better. Bracha, great, not missing a day, great, but the really important thing is to count no matter what.
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics