Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
12 month shots
1  2  Next

timeout

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:17 pm
Did anybody elses child get a reaction after shots?

I just got shots today for my 1 year old and she's very crabby has a stomacheache and is all around very clingy.

proudmom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:18 pm
Check to see if she might have fever. My kids always gets fever after their shots.

timeout

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:20 pm
nope just very sad

proudmom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 5:21 pm
she might be in pain where the shot was put you can give her tylenol and put a cold compress of the place.

deedee

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 6:13 pm
my baby doesnt get shots. I couldnt stand to put needles in her or for her to be in pain. aside from purposely infecting her with diseases.

BlumaG

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 6:21 pm
did ur baby have the MMR shot? I think it can make them cranky for a couple of days

stem

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 7:03 pm
Yes. Here is the post that I put up a couple of months ago: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ight=

timeout

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 7:48 pm
deedee is your child in school cuz here in America u can't send any children to school without shots.

Plus did u know if u travel or even go shopping and your child comes in contact with someone let's say an illegal alien carrying some sort of disease like Polio which is deadly I myself would rather give my baby a Boo Boo that lasts like two minutes than G-d forbid put my child in harms way.

Just my opinion.

deedee

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 8:24 pm
Quote:
deedee is your child in school cuz here in America u can't send any children to school without shots

there are papers u can request from ur state to sign...

Quote:
"Any child whose parents are opposed to medical immunization against disease, and who object by a written sworn statement to the immunization of such child on religious grounds" shall be exempt from immunizations.

Sunshine

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 8:47 pm
If I may ask what are your religous grounds for refusing to imunize your kid?

deedee

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 9:26 pm
its against my religon to harm my daughter

timeout

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 11:38 am
deedee are u Jewish, Lubavitch, Litvishe, Chassidishe do u hold by any Rabbi for questions Niddah Halacha Blumenkrantz for Laws of Pesach because unanimously they will all agree that your child for the sake of themselves and others should be immunized.

Pearl

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 11:47 am
back to the original question -

yes, she can be cranky, cry, feverish. you could give her something, or try only bathing her etc. it shouldn't take more than a couple of days though.
in any and every case - when in doubt: CALL THE DOCTOR!!!
better safe than sorry, HV"S

refu'a shlema

amother

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 11:57 am
This is a complex issue.

Rabbonim cannot ban shots because they are public figures.

There is no commandment in the Torah to give shots.

There is a commandment to take care of our health.

The issue is too complex and not purely religious - it is a medical issue, and we will gain nothing by discussing it here.

Resources & links to resources will be productive, but altimately it is a personal decision, as each person has to decide for himself what the risks are and if the are worth taking (either way)

Quote:
Blumenkrantz for Laws of Pesach

sorry if it will come as a surprse, but many Rabbonim do not hold like R. Blumenkrantz.
And neither do I - have enough of my own minhagim, do not need his humros.

Therefore his opinion on this matter will not make any difference to the majority of the population, as he is not their Rav.

raizy

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 10:13 pm
I just gave shots to all my kids. and my poor baby got four at one time... when my doc heard about it he said the baby was like a pin cuision. u just prick it in. Crying
he has tiny pimples from the shots. I wonder if this is a normal reaction to it...

Pearl

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 3:04 am
if you want to be sure, ask your doctor!!!

timeout

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 9:09 am
Well my baby is still crabby so I called my Doc and brought her in he said she's definitely getting her molars and that's why she's acting this way and showed me what a bad reaction to shots would look like.

Well I feel better just because I went Very Happy

Pearl

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 12:22 pm
timeout, I am glad you went to the doctor!

refuah shlemah!

gryp

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 12:59 pm
im just wondering if people have heard about the recent epidemics of old diseases revived in this country (United States) because of their policies towards illegal immigrants??

Last edited by gryp on Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

deedee

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 1:12 pm
there is an alternative to immunizations-homeapathics. I believe its over a 2 year period that the childs immune system is built up against these illinesses.
one of my drs does it and now that u mention the rise in illnesses I'll give him a call!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics