Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Ideas for Pareve Cream Cheese

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:41 pm
I'd like to make a main/side dish for Shabbos lunch using pareve cream cheese. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

batya_d

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:06 pm
Hannah! wrote:
I'd like to make a main/side dish for Shabbos lunch using pareve cream cheese. Any suggestions?

I have only made a pareve cheesecake with Tofutti cream cheese, but I'd consider adding a few dollops to my chicken casserole or chicken pot pie (I made up the recipe, let me know if you want me to post it) to make it creamy! Maybe it would be a disgusting addition (non-dairy creamer would be better, but I can't think of any main dish to make w/cream cheese at the moment), I just thought it up now. LOL

Last edited by batya_d on Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:17 pm
I was thinking along the same lines as Batya_d, I'd use it for a cream sauce or put it into a noodle kugel.

I usually put fake sour cream in my kugels, it adds a nice flavor. However, I have to start cutting out that and mayo b/c my dumb cholesterol is too high Sad

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 9:19 pm
edit

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 9:45 pm
It's pretty expensive, Hannah. If a recipe calls for it, use it and enjoyit. But to look for recipes with it ?

I don't get it.

I can give you a great blueberry lb cake recipe with the Tofutti cream cheese, a pkg of frozen blueberries, aznd a cake ix ....if you're interested .....

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:41 pm
As I explained above, I bought the pareve cream cheese with the intent of using it for a meat lasagna. My husband asked me not to make the meat lasagna because he doesn't think he will like it.

batya_d

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:47 pm
Hannah! wrote:
As I explained above, I bought the pareve cream cheese with the intent of using it for a meat lasagna. My husband asked me not to make the meat lasagna because he doesn't think he will like it.

I think the fake meat and cheese lasagna was a great idea!! I might try it sometime.

Too bad lots of FFBs are grossed out by the idea, I love fake treif, esp. Bacos on my salad! YUM!

Hannah!

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:39 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:25 pm
I know that this time you're using it for your stuffed shells (which, by the way, sounds fabulous!). maybe another time you could mix it with some herbs, like dill or parsley, and use it as a dip for raw veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli cauliflower?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals