Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What pranks did you play as a kid?
1  2  Next

Ozmom

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 6:29 am
I thought there was a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it.

I recently discovered what a devil my sister in law really is.
when she was in camp, years ago, the girls decided to play a prank on the boys and make them a cake.
using a cake mix they added all kinds of exotic ingredients like pepper, vinegar, mayonaise, mustard and what not.

it looked good and they gave it to the boys. She started getting worried, thinking maybe they poisoned them but the boys loved it and asked them to bake some more!!!!!!!!!!

she tells me she will never touch a cake mix now, just thinking what must be in the mix that could cover up all that stuff. LOL

gryp

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 7:21 pm
I never saw this thread.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 7:30 pm
I think it got naughty and was deleted.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 8:17 pm
too bad ... sounds interesting

el2cg

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 8:27 pm
I remember when I was a 6th grader in camp, I pulled my counslers chair and she landed on the floor! we were singing some song that we kept standing up for a certain word...so it worked out nicely. every time I see her on the street, I think about it!

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:23 pm
When my brother and I played hide and seek, he would hide and I would count, but then I'd go inside the house instead of looking for him.

Years later, when I was learning at Machon Chana, Rabbi Majesky told a story about one of the Chabad Rabbeim who as a child, seemed despondent, and when his father asked him why, he said "Hashem is everywhere, but why don't people go looking for him?"

I felt bad about this little prank I used to joke about embarrassed and it also made an impression on me about avodas hashem.

Last edited by mimivan on Thu, May 10 2007, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:35 pm
what got naughty about it?

pranks when I was a kid?...naw I was a goodie two shoes

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:27 pm
My lips are sealed Wink

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:36 pm
yoyosma wrote:
My lips are sealed

oh now I'm curious...

Ozmom wrote:
she tells me she will never touch a cake mix now, just thinking what must be in the mix that could cover up all that stuff. LOL

I like those duncan brownie cake mixes, before they went milchig...(I think they are parve again, correct?)

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:08 am
I changed the clock ahead at school ten minutes so the oblivious teacher dismissed us all early.

gryp

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 9:54 am
There was a while in school that the dismissal bell worked manually, so we used to go ring it... Rolling Laughter

brooklyn

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 10:06 am
Once in camp while a girl was sleeping we sewed her nightgown to the bed, it was fun watching her wake up and try to get out of bed....

yersp

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:21 am
When I was in camp, some girls decided to put shampoo on the doorknobs all over. The whole bunk was laughing away when we saw whoever touched the doorknobs look at their hands and wipe it on their skirts. I know, it was bad. I might've said something had these girls not been the ones who gave everyone trouble if you tattled on them. Sad

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:30 am
I used to roar with laughter for every stupid joke. now since my laugh is so contageous (?sp) the whole class would giggle for no real reason and then the teacher whould join us too. LOL LOL LOL
I did it too many times all through high school embarrassed it was really silly but I couldn't help it, I found everything funny.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:49 am
my husband has a whole load of pranks he did as BOCHUR in dorm!
For example, hiding and jumping out of garbage cans! He has an interesting sense of humor! Wink

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:09 pm
this one is bad.......
I was spending the night at my friend's house, (we were around 12 years old) and we decided to put toothpaste on her sleeping brother's eyelids. (supposedly the toothpaste hardens when it dries, making it hard for the person to open their eyes when they wake up). well he got so much toothpaste in his eyes when he woke up in the middle of the night.....he was crying hysterically (he was around 13), could barely see anything and had to go to the doctor. his parents were so furious with us, and I was never allowed at my friend's house again!
I told you it was bad!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:12 pm
estie, the brownies nevr were dairy.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:30 pm
Quote:
my husband has a whole load of pranks he did as BOCHUR in dorm!

Same. Some really mean. Opening all the doors and slamming them during the night, throwing water at sleeping guys....One of his friends was kicked out of yeshiva for "crawling like a walrus in the dorm" LOL

The silliest (from my dad)
He was in colonial military and loved to make the black and the mixed black/white fight. They already hated each other. Once he took the wine of the mixed and hid it in the black's dorm. They finally found it and of course accused the black of stealing. It ended up in a terrible fight, with several guys sent to hospital.

The sickest (from dh)
Going to shul dressed as a Nazi for Purim, ex aequo with singing Deutschland über alles in Auschwitz and filming it. Rolling Eyes
I should say that really he was pushed by his friends, who like to have horrible themes for Purim (Arafat in a keffieh, Palestinian terrorist, Yoshke, I have heard one dressed as "hanged Saddam" this year).

Next to them, I'm really a goooooood girl..... My style was more like throwing wet tissues and letting them dry and hang from the wall, writing POO on the blackboard..... Immature stuff.

Quote:

I used to roar with laughter for every stupid joke. now since my laugh is so contageous (?sp) the whole class would giggle for no real reason and then the teacher whould join us too. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I did it too many times all through high school Embarassed it was really silly but I couldn't help it, I found everything funny.

are you me?? lol

greenfire

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:33 pm
yoyosma - curious minds need to know ...

Motek

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 1:37 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that pranks that hurt others or embarrass them (chair pulling) are cruel? that not looking for the one hiding is mean? that scaring people is not allowed (S.Aruch)? Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics