Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Piercing ears - what's the right age?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

BlumaG

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 4:42 pm
I had my older girls ears pierced at 3 1/2 months and this new one at 9 wks, its so cute

Rivka

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 8:07 pm
Jewishmama, you think hospital is best place?? Even with the MRSA going around them....I am not into piercing babies ears, why not wait till they are older and so tyhey can have it for a b-day present when they are 7 or 8 or 9 even....they say that age also doesn't get keloid problemos.

lucy

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 10:54 pm
Queenie: nope didn't yet!

I do think its cute, but I just don't feel like dealing with it now.We'll see what will happen in the next few weeks bc I think either my DH forgot that he wants to do it or he's looking for the right moment when I just agree with him!

RedVines

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 11:27 pm
I dont know about this, My sister and I did not get our ears pierced until bas mitzvah and that is what we have decided to do for our little girl. I was in the mall the other day when this little baby was getting it done and her scream ripped me apart. I absolutly could not take it!

lucky

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:34 am
My girls all have had their ears pierced at 1-3 weeks. If someone experienced does it, It is only painful at that moment, and uncomfortable when it heals. But my babies never cried for more than a few minutes after piercing.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 3:23 am
over here we have had maybe three cases of mrsa in the entire hospital so I still think we are still safe.

lucky

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 7:38 am
What is mrsa???

technic

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 8:04 am
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus - lo aleinu

lucky

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 8:11 am
in simple english, antibiotic resistant strep??

technic

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 8:18 am
weeeeeeeeeeell its definitely antibiotic resistant SOMETHING but im not sure what embarrassed

queenie

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 1:12 am
mommyoftwo

so, when you were bas mitzva and you had your ears pierced it didn't hurt?

Rivka

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 3:55 pm
It's called the superbug, because it seems to be resistant to antibiotics, unless they find a new antibiotic that hasn't been used.
They say the only thing to keep it at bay is by constant washing and hygiene in hospitals especially so they keep those antibacterial hand washes everywhere.

micki

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 10:18 am
my girl got peirced at 4- as a birthday present.
but ever since she has had a sort of round ball at the area of the hole. sometimes especially ewhen she wears gold earings she bleeds from both holes. shes 5.5 now.

recently she jad shots and she was thrashing so much that the hole started to bleed. and when I pressed on the hole more blood came out, and the little ball became smaller. any ideas on what this is?

cr2005

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 3:12 pm
well with my first daughter I was so excited to have a baby it didn't even think about, my DH wasn't really into it either. So when my second daughter was born I wasn't going to pierce her ears before her older sister, so she didn't get them. When my oldest was toilet trained her prize was earings, and she really wanted them.
Going through that whole experience piercing her ears wasn't the most pleasant one. Im not looking forward in piercing my second daughters ears.
In the future I wold probably do it when when there newborn

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 20 2006, 3:39 pm
I was 20 years old....dd was just 18 mos!

SMG

Post Fri, Jan 20 2006, 3:46 pm
mrsa, most commonly known here as a staph infection, not strep.

I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 10. I refused to let my husband do my daughter's. I wanted to wait until she was old enough to want to have it done and take care of it.
She is now 4 and went to the mall a few months ago with my 21 yr old sis who had hers done. My daughter came home and told me she never wants to have earrings with holes in her ears because is hurts too much, she only wants sticker earrings.
So there it is, she doesn't want it and I'm glad I didn't force it on her before she could have an opinion.

stem

Post Fri, Jan 20 2006, 3:54 pm
SMG, I agree with you that it should be the girl's decision.
On the other hand, someone I spoke to about this once said that she'd rather have her daughter's ears pierced before they are old enough to say they don't want it because she thinks they would regret it when they get older (or maybe its just that SHE wants them to have it).

chanala

Post Sat, Jan 21 2006, 7:33 pm
My daughter can have her ears pierced when she's old enough to take care of them herself!

And also, hospitals are incubators for illness and disease.

LikeMeDoes

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:13 am
I agree with Chanala. Also, as someone said earlier, I was in a mall and saw parents piercing the ears of a baby and the screams were aweful, I mean its bad enough when I take my daughter for her shots and that I KNOW is for her good.
I had mine done at 12 so I know that even at 12 it only hurts for a couple seconds. Also, there are people out there who can't stand the thought of having a hole in their skin. Perhaps my daughter will be one of them and I will have already made the decision for her!
Also at 12 (I'm saying 12 because the Lubavitcher Rebbe advised people to wait till Bas Mitzvah), one can take care of their ears (twisting the earrings, putting on the ointment etc) on their own.

goldrose

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:23 am
Quote:
and what better place than the hospital where everthing is sanitized.

oh? everything is sanitized in the hospital? shock
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics