Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO- Chemical Free Face wash and makeup
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 4:34 pm
I have alot of black heads and persistant pimples that I cannot get rid of no matter what I use. I tried products w/ salycilic acid, mud masks, etc. but they all make it worse. Plus my face is very sensitive and gets irritated fast.
I was looking into yet another one and I saw the face washes have so many chemicals!
Is there any face wash that is really good for acne/black heads w/o propelyne glycol and all those other things?!
I tried making home made ones (w/ oatmeal etc) but never find they work.
In a similar vein, what about makeup? All the brands I try (even oil free) make me break out like crazy, but I hate mineral makeup. The natural or organic ones that I've found online have titanium dioxide, which I'd rather stay away from if possible. Are there any brands I can try that are less toxic but still have nice coverage, and won't make me break out?
Thanks!

spring13

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 5:08 pm
I just posted this in another thread. Look around at Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve. They make excellent all-natural face and body products, and my DH can attest to the effectiveness of the neem and tea tree oil bar.

yogabird

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 5:13 pm
I like Weleda products for skin care, and Dr Hauschka for makeup.

Both of these lines are available here http://www.soap.com/

I have sensitive skin. I use the weleda products for sensitive skin-the almond oil based ones. I even use some of the products from their baby line-such as the facial moisturizer.

Dr Hauschka makeup is so gentle; I found it doest clog pores or make your face oily.

Good luck!

Strudel

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 5:18 pm
Dr Hauschka. Great but expensive. Whole Foods sell a limited range of products if you want to try them out. Online you can buy sample packages for different skin types to see if it suits before spending so much on the regular sizes.

yogabird

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 5:22 pm
Strudel wrote:
Dr Hauschka. Great but expensive. Whole Foods sell a limited range of products if you want to try them out. Online you can buy sample packages for different skin types to see if it suits before spending so much on the regular sizes.

Their skin care is expensive, but I think their makeup is pretty much in the same price range as any other department store brand.

The weleda for skin care is a bit more affordable I think.

Another option is Jurlique. They make lots of products for all different skin types and are really effective.

If you live in Brooklyn, I can let you know about a great place that carries the Dr Hauschka and Jurlique lines. The salespeople are really good at recommending products for your skin type. (I think they may carry some of the Weleda stuff as well.)

leah66

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 5:56 pm
Alba Botanics Acnedote and Burts Bees Acne Solutions both work great for me.

yogabird

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 6:01 pm
leah66 wrote:
Alba Botanics Acnedote and Burts Bees Acne Solutions both work great for me.

Burt's Bees products contain salicylic acid (from a natural source).

cat

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 6:07 pm
Have you tried SHAKLEE?

devy88

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 7:25 pm
Cetaphil for washes, hands down. They also have moisturizers and other things, but no makeup.

They are fragrance-free, chemical-free and non-comodegenic (sp?). They are also relatively cheap and can be bought in any drugstore.

I used this while on accutane, bec I was not allowed to have any sort of chemicals. Still use it today

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 12:45 pm
Ok so based on my research, I think Dr Haushka would be the best for me, but it's so expensive! Anyone know if samples are available somewhere so I can try it before I commit?

purpleink

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 3:02 pm
Im a makeup artist and when I spoke to others who apply makeup on daily clients (such as news anchors) they all suggest using Cetaphil as a gentle daily cleanser. There is an online coupon for weeleda products; look it up. I think u need to buy from target though. Also check the ingredient list for eve pearl products

alte mamme

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:04 pm
Why do you avoid titanium dioxide? I checked it out on EWG and as far as I can tell, it's only a concern if you inhale it. So, spray on sunscreen is a problem. Maybe powdered foundations could potentially be a problem. Is that what you are worried about?

alte mamme

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:08 pm
100% Pure has a liquid foundation and Jane Iredale has a BB cream, both of which are natural and offer pretty heavy coverage.

alte mamme

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:15 pm
Cetaphil is full of chemicals, seriously.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I think I'm done for now. Smile

yogabird

Post Sat, Apr 27 2013, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
Ok so based on my research, I think Dr Haushka would be the best for me, but it's so expensive! Anyone know if samples are available somewhere so I can try it before I commit?

I'm not sure about free sample, but I'm pretty sure they sell "sampler sets"-a set of products for a specific skin-type that comes in small quantities.

Also, this place http://www.areabrooklyn.com/ in brooklyn sells their stuff. They have testers that you can try in the store and their salespeople are really helpful about recommending the right type of products and a regimen for your skin.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 27 2013, 10:14 pm
Are you specifically looking for chemical free, or for a foundation that will not give you pimples and can even help your skin at times?

mazeltov

Post Sat, Apr 27 2013, 10:34 pm
Simple Sugars. They have facial scrubs. I suggest either the Green Tea or the Green Tea with Tea Tree Facial scrub. All of the ingredients are edible, all natural, there are no chemicals.

disclaimer: I haven't tried it yet myself. I ordered it, but it didn't arrive yet.
I saw it on shark tank, season 4 episode 20, which you can see on hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/shark-tank

they sell it on their website:
http://simplesugars.myshopify......crubs

They got a huge amount of orders after it was shown on tv, so they're behind on sending out orders.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 11:58 am
Have you tried mary kay?
It does not have any harsh chemicals, it is specially made for sensitive skin, and it works! (I have personal proof!)

You can also try before you buy which is great, plus the prices are really not expensive.

Please PM for more details (or to hear how I know it works)

ysydmom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 1:55 pm
hi, I have natural makeup pm me for info.

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 3:24 pm
[quote="amother"]I have alot of black heads and persistant pimples that I cannot get rid of no matter what I use. I tried products w/ salycilic acid, mud masks, etc. but they all make it worse. Plus my face is very sensitive and gets irritated fast.
I was looking into yet another one and I saw the face washes have so many chemicals!
Is there any face wash that is really good for acne/black heads w/o propelyne glycol and all those other things?! [quote]

Can I make a suggestion which probably sounds backward to you? (but might work)

STOP WASHING YOUR FACE!!!!

What I mean... and as I say this as someone who does this every day (and I am not a crunchy person by nature) is to wash your face with hot water and a scrubbing mitten or a towel... and that's all. No soap, no cleanser, no "stuff".... if you have too much makeup left around your eyes, then use coconut oil or petroleum jelly or something like that to take it off.

I am not a dermatologist, but there is an idea out there that we pull ourselves into a vicious cycle with our skin... we use soaps to clean our skin and strip off all the oils... but then it causes our skin to make extra oils, which make it worse.

Like I said, I use sunscreen in the morning and makeup over it... when I go to bed at night, I wash my face with only water and scrub it with a towel and that works very well for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics