Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Computer shows a "Red X" in a tiny square instead

Mevater

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 2:07 am
What does it mean and what do you do if your computer displays a "red X" in a tiny square , where you should be seeing a picture on the computer? How do you fix it? Is there a simple solution?

su7kids

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 11:43 am
right click on the red x and choose "show picture". If it doesn't show up, its a problem with the website, and there's nothing much you can do.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 11:48 am
That stupid x happens with me too - I usually just give up - but my curiousity still lingers - will try right click next time thanx su7kids

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 1:00 pm
it depends where you are seeing it. That symbol means ‘broken image source’ or in English, ‘I can’t find that image!”.

So if you see it on a website, then the web developer should cal me, I’ll help them get a life (just kidding)

If you see it on your computer, please tell me where. I have a feeling you mean your desktop, smack in the middle of the screen, for example would be a solid color with an X in the middle.

This means that you probably had a picture (example: of your kids) on the background of your screen which was ok, until you moved the location of the picture. You probably were organizing your computer and moved that picture from My Documents > My pictures, into My Documents > Digital Pics > 2007 (just an example) and then the computer lost the picture base don the original path that you gave it.

Find that picture on your computer again, right-click on it and to ‘Set As Desktop Background”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics