Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup Application

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 3:55 pm
I'm a young bubby looking to learn makeup application as I was never into makeup. Looking for a good person to pay to teach me in Brooklyn or Manhattan or someone nice/patient at a makeup counter in one of the Department stores in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Looking to treat myself to a makeup lesson on Mother's Day

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 5:17 pm
why not go to sephora?

carpediem

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 5:22 pm
Or go on YouTube and search makeup tutorials (or more specific like eyeshadow for brown eyes tutorial)

Maya

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 7:59 pm
I think I've seen the Bobbi Brown counters at department stores offer such a service.

SJcookie

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 9:09 pm
Good for you, young Bubby!

There are some really great make up tutorials on youtube, but you can go to any make up store (sephora or mac) or department store (like macy's or nordstrom's) and ask them to teach you the basics. They'll be more than happy to, and they'll also suggest colors that work with your complexion/color.

Elisheva

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 9:16 pm
Definitely try Sephora versus a department store. I've heard from someone who worked there that the salespeople at Sephora do not earn commission. That means they'll have your genuine interests in mind and will not be pushy.
On the other hand, department store salespeople are so nudgy and will make you feel guilty if you don't spend a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics