Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My son
1  2  Next

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 2:34 pm
Oy what a week for me

Seems his WBC is still high, so they want to do a colonscopy and an endoscopy.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 8:23 pm
oy what a rough shabbos Sad

All day him crying that his stomach hurts... I had to call the doctor, and he said if I take him to the ER

A. His system is not cleaned out, so we would have to wait 24 hours in the ER for his system to get cleaned out

B. There are alot of sick people currently in the ER, and if my son get's anymore sick (I.e. fever..etc) they cannot do the colonscopy.

So basically he told me that he's not worried, and just to make sure my son drinks and drinks...and takes the medicine to clean out his system..

OH I so do not like seeing my child suffer Sad

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 8:31 pm
Poor you and your poor son. Lots of hugs and kisses from the UK to you. The advice sounds very good that the drs gave you. Make sure that he drinks loads and don't worry about any food unless he asks for some. If he's got a temp keep him cool and you can use a cold compress on his head. Is he in any pain? Have the drs prescribed any painkillers? They were probably right to wend him home, who wants to be in a place where he could pick up something else?
It is horrible watching a kid that's not well.

Hatzlocha and you take care of yourself.

Nicole

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 8:33 pm
Mitzvahmom- I'm so sorry that both you and he have to go through this. Today thousands of us said in birchas hachodesh that Hashem should send a refuah shelaimah this month- may it be His will that your son is included in this blessing.
You're amazing!

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 8:33 pm
unfortunately they said no pain killers... because it could make the inflamation worse...

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 9:27 pm
Like life isn't hectic enough - sorry for you having to go through this alone - hope he feels better and that all will go well - Refuah Shelaima!!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 17 2007, 9:28 pm
Amen! Bring us good news!

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 7:26 am
How's your son this morning? Did he and you manage to get any sleep?

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:45 am
Honestly I feel bad, but as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out last night!

He seems a little bit calmer, but his stomach still hurts. And he's still having runny BM's, which is ok considering I have to clean out his system monday.

B"H He got up this morning ate his fav cereal and two glasses of rice milk

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 11:49 am
Don’t under ANY circumstances give him anything that contains aspirin etc…. (I’m surprised they didn’t tell you). If he end sup having the colonoscopy, they sometimes tear a bit on the inside and if there’s any blood-thinning agents in the body and can lead to hemorrhaging Ch”V.

I think you can comfort him with a warm bath with some smelly herbal stuff in it. It will relax his muscles and help with the cramping. Please do convince him to eat as much yogurt as he can! Refuah shleimah!

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 11:51 am
how about one of those hot water things to sooth cramps - you hold it against the stomach

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 4:30 pm
yeah I used the heating pad, and it worked for a small time...u know while warm..

Yogurt is a tough sell, he only likes one type of yogurt and it's in NY, so I am a bit stuck..

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:41 pm
arg...today is the day for cleansing

yuck yuck

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:14 pm
well.... colonoscopy is done...

and a diagnosis - it is Crohn's disease... So he's on a anti-inflamatory to calm down the inflamation...then no sodium diet... should be interesting..

chavamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:20 pm
Well, B'H you have your diagnosis. I'm sorry to hear that it is Crohn's Sad . Wishing him refuah sheleima and a quiet period ahead - for the both of you.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:25 pm
Refuah Shelaima!
IY"H they'll get everything under control and he'll feel better.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:43 pm
thinking og you mitzvahmom...B"H they have a diagnosed it.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:51 pm
sorry about your son - but b"h this is manageable albeit hard - refuah shelaima.

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:07 am
I got a lecture today that I should find someone to help me with my kids, that I should not have them 24/7.. that it's not good for me or the kids

Evidently this person thinks that my son's Crohn's disease is because he's stressed. That if I can lower the amount of stress and caos in my life that maybe it will go into remission.

Nice no?

shayna82

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:19 am
wow , it must be relieving to know what the problems were, and not just some unknown issue. crohns desease is managable, you just have to be strict with what you eat...

Good Luck, be strong, you always seem to be Salut
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics