Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Can a 7 seater sienna be converted to an 8 seater?

Reesa

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 9:09 pm
Has anyone done this? I know the floor plan on the two models are different so I can't just stick an 8th seat in. But can it be converted? Please help!!
thanks

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 9:17 pm
Older models yes, newer ones no. I forgot the cut off year. Maybe 2005?

Teacup9

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 11:24 am
I was told by "Moti" (not sure if that is his name) of Lakewood who runs an auto shop and used car place that I think is called Moti's Auto (I found it in the lakewood circular ad thing) that it can be done and all of Lakewood does it and I think it is pretty expensive like 650 because it involves welding. Also I think the kids kind of have to climb over each other, it doesn't slide pretty like an original 8 seater.

If you do get it done please post about it because I am curious, but waiting to spend the money only if I'd benefit from a carpool or something.

EmesOrNT

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 12:49 pm
By 8 seater, do you mean two benches and front passenger? That would mean 8 including the driver, I assume. I have the sienna with bucket seats in the front, and it comes with an optional jump seat that turns it into a bench.

Reesa

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 1:40 pm
emesornot, there are two different models of siennas. some allow that jump seat to be added and others do not. I have the one without that option and I was just asking if anyone bypassed the floor plan and was able to add the 8th seat somehow.

Teacup, thanks for that tip from Moti's. I assumed that there was some jewish way to get this accomplished but that price is a little steep for now. thanks for your help.

Teacup9

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 3:37 pm
Reesa wrote:
emesornot, there are two different models of siennas. some allow that jump seat to be added and others do not. I have the one without that option and I was just asking if anyone bypassed the floor plan and was able to add the 8th seat somehow.

Teacup, thanks for that tip from Moti's. I assumed that there was some jewish way to get this accomplished but that price is a little steep for now. thanks for your help.

Double check the price please. I was looking to buy a van from him so I called and stopped by a couple of times, but because my price range was for a 2004 Sienna he just wasn't getting any at the time. I had talked about preferring an 8 seater and he told me about the conversion so it was all just talk at that point and not an actual sale inquiry. I eventually found a Craig's List seller who was willing to meet me at my mechanic's (in brooklyn) and my mechanic felt the car was a good buy.

My bucket seats can be moved to either be next to each other or be separate, but a bench seat can not be put in. That is how I read it from looking at the instruction manual which showed the floor plan for each style. I assume you have something similar?

What Sienna comes with both options?

Maybe we should look into trade-ins too Reese.

TzipporahN

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 7:50 pm
Double check this - I was told that my insurance would be invalidated by doing this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries