Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Where did the cursor go?

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 5:53 pm
I know you have to click in the reply box with the mouse, then you start typing. It's pretty automatic for me, and I wonder what happened, when after five minutes of typing, and not looking at the screen, [either I'm looking at the keyboard, or just nowhere in particular, ( touch-typing without looking)] when I realize that nothing is in the reply box, and everything must be typed again.

And I see that there is no cursor there either, so I click again. Where did the cursor go, and why do I have to put it in again?

To add that this happens only on imamother, and it just happened again with this sentence which I added!

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 7:50 pm
So you have to click it so that it shows up? Did you change any security levels on your browser? You may be blocking standard javascripts which are required to run this basic function.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:26 pm
I'm not sure exactly what javascripts are, but there was a change in ISP, so maybe some other settings changed. Confused What can I do to fix the problem?

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:30 am
Do you see new toolbar buttons on your internet explorer screen? Your isp may have wiggled their way into your internet life without you realizing. It’s a marketing ploy but it’s not fair to you. here’ show you can at least reset the internet explorer settings to default:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.c......mspx

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:54 am
Yes, I have an entire toolbar from them Smile But it gives me direct access to my e-mail. Do I have to delete that for it to function better?

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:21 am
Well that’s’ why they put it there. They want you to use it and maybe end up looking at an advertiser or clicking on one of the buttons there too. You can add a shortcut to your email in your ‘links’ bar, and get rid of the one they implanted for you. temporarily, you can right-click on it an un-check it. but you should also uninstall it using control panel > remove software.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics