Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Adopting a Cow!
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 7:49 pm
so my kids drank all the milk in 2 days and when they went out wouldn't pick up a milk - so technic told me to get a cow - actually there's a cow farm that burnt and some cows need a home - anybody else want to adopt a cow too!!

mirikush

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:00 pm
trust me...you don't want to adopt a cow.....I grew up on a dairy farm and it's no fun. They poop everywhere, moo all the time and to top it off you have to milk them twice a day at really inconvenient hours. And they have attitude.....And you think you have it tough when you get mastitus....wait till your cow gets it. Then you have to shove antibiotics up it's teats and then you still have to milk it and you can't drink the milk because it's full of cow antibiotics and the milk is usuaally a lovely blue colour....stick to milk from cartons. Much easier, probably less expensive.....and a carton of milk doesn't have cow attitude. And think how messy your dining room will get with a cow stabled in it.......
And a carton of milk doesn't need to be serviced by a bull in order for the milk production to happen or continue. Very Happy
Now anybody still want to adopt a cow???
What

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:09 pm
kool - I grew up on a farm too! Oh and the cow will be in not so d d room!

Ozmom

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 8:13 pm
Quote:
And a carton of milk doesn't need to be serviced by a bull in order for the milk production to happen or continue.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

gryp

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 9:50 pm
Thanx for the laugh, greenfire. Smile

Ima'la

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:10 am
If someone did to you twice a day what they're doing to cows - you might have an attitude too!!!

hadasa

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:59 am
Um....there's someone doing it to me every three hours!

(Or used to, now it's just twice a day)

Ima'la

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 4:06 am
Good point!

Mmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

technic

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 4:17 am
adopt a cow???? my dh MARRIED one!!!! embarrassed

Ozmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:21 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Ozmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:22 am
I wanna Li'l shepsaleh...I just don't care for the noise, baaaaaa baaaaaa

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:15 am
technic wrote:
adopt a cow???? my dh MARRIED one!!!! embarrassed

naah technic - couldn't be
my sis wanted to know where I will put it - so I told her the cow is going in the garage ... and if someone comes by and hears a "moooo" jI'll ust let them know that before "horse power" there was "cow power"
so I don't have any more takers to adopt a cow - it's just as cute as a cat ... you could have cholov yisroel ... hot & creamy - good for coffee ... Rolling Laughter Nervous

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:24 am
Thanks for the laugh. A cow? Please don't suggest that one to dh he would go for it after all we already have a goldfish, two rabbits, 4 toads and 3 children. DH wants a snake as well.

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:48 am
Quote:
adopt a cow???? my dh MARRIED one!!!!

tech Thanks for that imp info.......... a t la s t I have figured who u are Rolling Laughter :

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:52 am
so when you'r fed up with childrearing, you think it's easier to do cowrearing! Until you get kicked in the rear while milking her.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:05 pm
At least I know - cause it was an animal - what excuse do the kids have - mooooooooooooooot point

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:00 pm
greenfire, I never thought of adoption. when something is taking a long time to get, because we ran out of it, my husband always asks me if I'm manufacturing it..... When it's milk he asks if there are no more cows, or if they all died. LOL

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:03 pm
yeah, when I took a long time making a salad, people would ask me if I'm growing the vegetables. Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:05 pm
Well, the cows had a fire and some died and now the rest need a home - so I thought about adopting a cow - for really!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:33 pm
how about fostering one for a while-and if you get along well enuf, u can apply for adoption then.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals