Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Jewish book series for children?
1  2  Next

jba

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:43 pm
At my daughter's age I was reading the babysitter's club series so my awareness of Jewish themed/focused book series doesn't exist. After look at Eichlers.com I was a bit disappointed. Does anyone know of a good children's book series? Currently my daughter is reading a secular series called Ivy & Bean, I am looking for something similar.

Thanks

fromthedepths

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:45 pm
My kids like the Jewish Girls around the World Series.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:45 pm
How old is she? Baker's Dozen or BY Times or Brookville CC may be appropriate for her age if she would otherwise be reading The Babysitters Club books.

If she doesn't mind boys in her books, Cheery Bim Band is good.

I'm sure there are more (newer) ones on the market, but alas my oldest are boys so I haven't focused much on girls' books Smile

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:48 pm
Bakers Dozen, BY Times (about 6th-8th graders), BY Times Kid Sisters (about 3rd and 4th graders), Operation Firestorm and The Big Black Box series. All by Targum. May be out of print, find them on eBay or elsewhere online.

syrima

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:50 pm
Zeh mah Yaish!

If you want more, start writing!

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 2:54 pm
More: The 6 book Miriam Elias series (may be out of print), two books by Bracha Goykadosh (mature, for teens), books by Sarah Birnhack (teens), books by Sukey Gross (teens), Libby Lazewnik books of short stories (middle age kids).

jba

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:02 pm
Thank you for all the responses...and I have thought of writing!

sarahd

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:02 pm
You have a daughter, but my 8 year old son loves the Burksfield Bike Club series by Chaim Finkelman. I think he wrote Cheery Bim Band too.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:07 pm
He split it with MC Millman. I wanted to get Burksfield Bike Club, but at $60 used, it was out of my budget Smile

My son who is reading Cheery Bim Band (he's younger, but that reading level) enjoyed All About You 2 by Libby Lazewnik, Kids Speak series, have to think what else...

littles

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:20 pm
My son did love the Burkesfield Bike Club! He is now reading the Lost Children of Tarshish (there are two in the series). Also, if she enjoys historical fiction books by Marcus Lehmann (ex. The Adopted Princess)

littles

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:26 pm
Btw, Hashem_Yaazor, where is that price coming from. I see Judaica Press has each Burksfield Bike Club book for between $11-14 new.

fromthedepths

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:43 pm
My girls also like the Cheery Bim Band. Also, the Bentzi series by Shifra Glick.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 4:29 pm
littles wrote:
Btw, Hashem_Yaazor, where is that price coming from. I see Judaica Press has each Burksfield Bike Club book for between $11-14 new.

Amazon, I was trying to save money by buying used as I can't really afford so much a book. Smile I know new is cheaper, but still out of my budget!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 4:56 pm
Eva Vogiel's books. Not a full dozen+ series but it's something.

forever21

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 5:27 pm
Do you live in bklyn? bec if so there are lots of jewish libraries. My kids read books like crazy and if I were to buy them I wouldve spend hundreds of dollars by now. My kids can finish a book in 3 days so for me its not worth buying.

bnm

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 5:31 pm
Devora Doresh/Leah Lamdan mysteries

there was also a mystery series by Uri something, going to have to see if I remember

seeker

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 6:00 pm
In addition to those mentioned above, there's a more recent cute series called "Classified information" I think, about the different perspectives of girls in the same class

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 6:07 pm
Forever21, a book every 3 days? Try 8 books over Shabbos/Sunday (despite having school Sunday!) Constant battle here to have enough to read!

fromthedepths

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 6:10 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Forever21, a book every 3 days? Try 8 books over Shabbos/Sunday (despite having school Sunday!) Constant battle here to have enough to read!

Same here. B"H we have libraries!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 6:10 pm
OP, has your daughter read any of the Leah Lamdan books?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics