Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What are YOU dressing up as?
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:08 pm
Tefila wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how about I dress up as u green I could be ur avatar just need a darker shorter sheital. My eyes will pass except I need to enlarge them somewhat 8) oh and the figure well we could always create an illusion somehow Wink
the question now is HOW shanie 5 come to the rescue Smile

wear all black with greens avatar clothing pasted over it to make you look so slender.
and please, dont forget the socks.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:29 pm
I don't know how nice it is to dress up as a chasseedishe - I mean I woulnd't want people dressed up to make fun of my lifestyle and my way of dress. I wanted my son to dress up as a chasseedishe kid, but somehow I feel a bit guilty. I still might do it bc it is after all just his shabbos suit and then maybe langeh payos...but im still feeling a bit uneasey. how do the chasseedishe pple on here feel about it?

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:36 pm
I didn't know you all like my avatar so much - it was actually cuter before I had to shrink it to size cause she is wearing cute socks & earrings and things you cannot see - I'll tell my dd she made her for me. Mr. Green

Mishie

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:01 am
I usually wear a long curly shaitel with a cool Cowboy hat on top. (it's a black leather one with leopard trim).

batya_d

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:19 am
I'm going to try to find a funky wig at a costume shop if I have time.

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:37 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I always dress up as part of the family theme-just dont know which part im getting this year yet...........

okay, I now know what my costume will be-now I need help making it.

anybody got any idea how to make a grasshopper costume?

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:58 pm
Quote:
E&D, I know that in some neighborhoods they borrow snoods and baby slings & call themselves Lubavitchers. I don't think it's very nice or funny, but hey

That's weird because lubavitchers always wear sheitals out the house. And those who don't do that, would not be wearing a snood - it would be a beret or tichel. Babysling? Do you mean a baby bjorn? Are those taboo in non-lubavitch circles or something?

Quote:
I don't know how nice it is to dress up as a chasseedishe - I mean I woulnd't want people dressed up to make fun of my lifestyle and my way of dress. I wanted my son to dress up as a chasseedishe kid, but somehow I feel a bit guilty. I still might do it bc it is after all just his shabbos suit and then maybe langeh payos...but im still feeling a bit uneasey. how do the chasseedishe pple on here feel about it?

A few years ago I borrowed a sari from an Indian friend and wore that on Purim. I don't think she thought I was making fun of her.

I usually wear a funny wig and last year I got these huge 70's style glasses (they were called Dame Edna, if that can help you envision them)

ltlesmartmom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 3:00 pm
Last year my daughter was a bunny rabbit. I had a headband with bunny ears and my hub had a top hat with bunny ears. it was cute. this year shes a hello kitty. still thinking what to wear. hub says he cant put anything on cuz hello kitty is to girly!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:31 pm
Raisin if I have to explain it, it loses something . . .

LikeMeDoes

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:06 am
I totally didn't mean anything. I was not trying to insult anyone at all. If I do wear it, it'll only be for the family Seudah. I apologise if anyone was insulted.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I get on great with all my co-workers and neighbours, many of whom are chaseedish.

My attitude is that every circle of frum Jews do things that others may find strange, so just because I may not do things the same way as my chaseedish friends etc, doesn't make it strange, just different. Get it?

I wouldn't want to wear anything that would call undue attention to me so I thought that a hat or band on my sheitel was a good idea.

If one of my chaseedish neighbors wanted to borrow something to look like me, it'd have to be my sheitel (which is just below shoulder length) or my long skirt (which, IMHO, has far less tznius probs than the short ones many ladies wear). I don't own a sling and I never wear a tichel outside my house, even if I'm standing in my front yard.

So again, I certainly didn't mean to insult or make fun of anyone. If you felt slighted, please accept my sincerest apologies and hey, if you want to borrow a long skirt, call me anytime. Just can't lend out my sheitel, I need it to take out the garbage.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:07 am
amother wrote:

I'm chaseedish and I wouldn't get insulted AT ALL!! I've seen it many times and I think its very cute, just like sometimes kids in our circles dress up as fancy/modern ladies.
I once read somewhere whether or not its nice to dress kids up as old people. Some hold that its making fun. But I once dressed my kid as an old lady and I went to give shalach monos to an old lady neighbor, and she got such a kich out of it, she couldn't stop laughing. she kept saying "you look just like me!!!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics