Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is there a way to get to the Amuka without a car?

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:29 pm
A friend of mine is coming to israel and she wants to go to the amuka. Problem is the buses don't go there. Has anyone taken a hasaha to the Amuka? She will go from any direction be it tel aviv, yerushalayim, or from tsfat. Looking for the easiest and somewhat cheapest route. Thanks.

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:33 pm
hike? Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:35 pm
supermom wrote:
A friend of mine is coming to israel and she wants to go to the amuka. Problem is the buses don't go there. Has anyone taken a hasaha to the Amuka? She will go from any direction be it tel aviv, yerushalayim, or from tsfat. Looking for the easiest and somewhat cheapest route. Thanks.
I am sure that there are hasaot that go there. post something on janglo or one of those yahoo groups to find out. also, if not, jsut hire a car for the day and drive up (and then dooooown:>) to amuka. or you can take a bus to chatzor (I think it was chatzor - I can double check) and then take a cab down there. thats what I did when I went a few years ago.

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:44 pm
Thanks shabbos she doesn't have her license. Where is chazar located I have never heard that place before.

GR Would you like to join the hike. Tongue Out

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 12:54 pm
supermom wrote:
Thanks shabbos she doesn't have her license. Where is chazar located I have never heard that place before.

GR Would you like to join the hike. Tongue Out

Chazor is up north. it is very close to amuka, maybe a 15, 20 minute cab ride. if she does not have her license, then that is the best bet. bus up to there and then a cab from the tachana mercazit in chazor to amuka.

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:03 pm
Egged takes that route. I don't see it in the egged website.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:09 pm
supermom wrote:
Egged takes that route. I don't see it in the egged website.

I looked it up on both the english and hebrew egged sites and I found it. you put in jerusalem for te departure spot and hazor haglilit for the destination spot. it came up, but if you dont find it, just call egged and they can help you.

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:18 pm
supermom, ive hiked it before. why do you think I recommended it? Wink

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:19 pm
Thanks I must have spelled it wrong. I was wondering have you heard of the hoffman tours?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 1:34 pm
I live in tsfat......very very close to amuka. buses do not go there. you either have to take a cab or hike! hiking there is fun, but be prepared for a long hike. also, it hasn't stopped raining here for the past month, so a cab might be a good idea. seriously, the rain has barely stopped here. it just keeps pouring down.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:51 pm
I once went with a bus, I think...maybe it was Hoffmans? There must be some tour busses that go there....

Gela

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 4:49 pm
I've been to Amuka, the only way to get there is by car or foot. I shared a taxi from Tsfat, I don't remember the cost, but it was inexpensive. Look up Yonatan Ben Uziel, you may get more information that way than searching just Amuka.

B"H you will find your bershert in the next year!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:19 pm
hey, I just realized......supermom, do I know this friend? Wink
btw, I went my first time there in sem and I didn't get married for several years..... but anyway, although there is no source for amuka bringing a shidduch, I heard that since so many ppl daven there for their zivug, there's sort of a path that has been paved from there..!

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:43 am
Yep you know her of course Very Happy .

GR I never knew you can hike it I thought you were kidding me there. shock

Shabbatiscoming I put it on janglo this morning my email box was full of responses manely the same thing everyone keeps saying. Tour guides, or tsfat and a taxi.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics