Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheap Plane ticket from Israel, round or one way
1  2  Next

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:11 pm
I need to buy a ticket for dd, back and forth to EY, for pesach vacation. Since I'm not a frequent flyer, I don't know the ins and outs, and I'm trying to contain the cost.

Are online tickets cheaper? Will a travel agent know how to get me a better deal? or will that mean a comission for him, and a higher fare? Confused, and need to act fast before prices go up. Or did I miss the boat? Are they up already? Are the flights out of Israel at this time of year cheaper than the flights to EY?

The ticket is for Rosh Chodesh Nissan, exactly a month from now and going back after pesach.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:13 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
I need to buy a ticket for dd, back and forth to EY, for pesach vacation. Since I'm not a frequent flyer, I don't know the ins and outs, and I'm trying to contain the cost.

Are online tickets cheaper? Will a travel agent know how to get me a better deal? or will that mean a comission for him, and a higher fare? Confused, and need to act fast before prices go up. Or did I miss the boat? Are they up already? Are the flights out of Israel at this time of year cheaper than the flights to EY?

The ticket is for Rosh Chodesh Nissan, exactly a month from now and going back after pesach.

tzenarena, I cant help you as I dont have frequent flyer miles either but I should tell you that as soon as you find out you should get on it fast b/c my husband knows someone who works for a travel agency here in israel and he said that there is nothing left back to america for pesach. I am sure that that is a slight exageration, but only slightly. the tickets go like wildfire veryfast.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:26 pm
The best agent for such tricks if I may call it shticks..is Doall in Brooklyn.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
it seems that the ticket is from israel to america, in that case it would be cheaper to find the ticket in israel as it is always cheaper to buy a ticket at the place of origin.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:32 pm
how could we get it in Israel? no credit card, using cash. Confused

mannyzmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:38 pm
personally ive always found tickets cheaper w/ the agent than online going from israel. most good online deals are from the states that you buy last minute (as far as I know)
and its not always cheaper from place of origin, once tickets were so high I asked my mom in canada to look into them there and she found me a better deal than what I could find here.
ive also called alot of travel agents in israel (ive been flying in and out for 8 yrs now) and the cheapest travel agent w/ best deals ive found is maurice at efrat tours. hes also very nice!
but keep in mind its closer to pesach so there may not be any deals anymore.
if shes under 25 or 24 she should be able to get a student price
theres also a student travel agency which has good prices bc its for students and they have good deals bc they have stop overs in europe, but its not always necc. cheaper. its called issta.

good luck

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:33 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
how could we get it in Israel? no credit card, using cash. Confused
if your daughter is there, as I was assuming that was what you meant, then you give her the credit card number or the travel agency the number with an ishur that it is your card (this is how many travel agencies do it) and then you have your credit card used. easy as that.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 5:06 pm
I hope s/o helps you, we always spent crazy money for traveling . . .

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
I just went into Doall and inquired. the price is way up. tickets now are between 650 and 700 dollars round. In just one month the price is $1250!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:44 pm
Last year we paid $1000 for one way.

su7kids

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:49 pm
the prices are crazy around Pesach time, because EVERYONE is traveling around then.

Go to google and type in "cheap tickets to israel" and see what comes up. See if you can be a bit flexible with your dates.

forever

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:49 pm
maybe try cheaptickets.com.
I flew to Israel a few months ago and the same exact ticket I find on cheaptickets.com with $150.00 cheaper than by a few travel agents

mannyzmom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:14 am
I dont understand the prices you said tzenarena - are they now 650/700 or are they now 1250. 650/700 is very good!!!! I dont think you ll find cheaper than that!

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:40 am
mannyzmom wrote:
I dont understand the prices you said tzenarena - are they now 650/700 or are they now 1250. 650/700 is very good!!!! I dont think you ll find cheaper than that!

I think she meant that to fly now they are 650-700, but to fly Pesach time they're 1200.

lst

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:47 am
I have a lot of experience flying to and from israel.... it is extremely hard to find tickets onthe internet flying FROM israel to the states. and recently, there have been very few deals online anyway. travel agents have been getting good deals.
are u particular with the airlines that ull use? flying on european airlines usually lower the price, but there is a stopover in europe for acouple of hours, in the country of the airline that ur flying. for example, if u fly al italia, there would be a stopover in italy. I know lufthansa has somewhat decent prices around pesach time but it is germanys airline and lots of ppl wouldnt want to stop in germany.
talk to a travel agent in israel as they always have better deals that in america when u are traveling FROM israel.
but as everyone said, pesach is a very very expensive time. if she is willing to leave a little earlier than rosh chodesh, you could save urself some money.
good luck!

lst

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:48 am
another option might be if you got her an open ticket when she originally came here. she can fly home on that for pesach. and it might be cheaper to then buy a whole new ticket for going back to israel after pesach, and her return date can be the one she had originally for whenever shes coming back (I assume at the end of the year). you can even buy her a new open ticket.

hope this helps..

rise above

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:02 am
Would she take a stop over flight? those are generally much cheaper and not really such a big deal if she's not afraid to be in an airport alone.

I would suggest calling a travel agent called Yitzchok Ginsburg- he is really really helpful, accomodating, and gets great fares!

I don't have his number on me but he should be advertised in newsletters, newspapers...

if you want, I can get it for you later

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:40 am
There are tickets from el al right now for six hundred dollars open ticket for a year. Check it out before there is non. You have to call el al yourself since this deal in agencies are giving you a higher price like over a thousand dollars. I advise you to get on it quickly.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:57 am
Thanks everyone. supermom, the travel agency I asked at said those are the prices for now, but in a month the price is going to be 1250.

Are you saying that I could get this ticket now even if it's for that date?

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 8:20 am
Hmm good piont. I am not sure about that my sister just got a ticket from america to israel and back from a week before pesach for a month for seven hundred dollars that is including taxes. There has got to be tickets out there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics