Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
So...anybody got Vista?

roza

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:04 pm

How do you like it? Is it worth the money and hassle?

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:08 pm
got it all the way in november, I like it its really neat, the screen looks great, I like the way its set up.

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:17 pm
My new laptop comes with the Vista Upgrade, and I am waiting for it to come in the mail

dr pepper

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:30 am
DH installed a vista skin, but I hated the way it looked and removed it. As for the actual windows vista, I don't know.

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:47 am
My computer guy recommended I buy the license when it’s cheap (through dell with my new computer). However I won’t be installing for another year, until all the bugs were fixed.

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:49 am
I have it. I would say it's ok. Some things are nice, but I see why most people are not upgrading until it's been out for a while.

I bought a new laptop that came with Vista, so I had no choice. Right now I am dealing with major issues with Microsoft Outlook. The microsoft site says that this is a known problem, but none of the solutions will work for me Sad

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:50 am
What's the problem?

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:16 am
withhumor wrote:
What's the problem?
I PMed you. Thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:38 am
Girlies Mommy - u got a laptop? Hurray! DH sells vista. That's as far as my knowledge of it goes.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:17 am
I do not like the look of it, hate at first sight. I am running Office 2007, supposed to look like Vista and it is a pain. Moving the tab idea from browsers to Word commands is a royal pain. Why didn't they use it for documents instead. There is no way of knowing at a glance which dos are open and no always visible print icon (it should be next to the new and save icons).

Vista will have to show me some big advantages in use, speed, stability, web protection, etc for me to install it before MS forces new programs not to be backward compatible.

Yael

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 2:38 pm
we just got vista with our new computer, since the old one died on us suddenly.
its very different than XP and it took a while to figure out a few things, (stuff that you guys probably will never have to do Wink like moving huge amounts of emails and backing up imamother data on an external hard drive.) we had some problems but figured it out finally. the funniest part was that the technical support team couldnt answer any of my husbands questions b/c they werent yet familiar with vista since its so new!

I think my husband knows more than they do by now. Very Happy

our printer isnt compatible with vista yet. they are still designing the ___________ (something) that we need for it. Sad

and for anyone that has K9 Web protection (highly recommended!) they just this week came out with the vista version, so I am glad we have K9 back again.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 3:12 pm
I also just got a new laptop since my son broke the old one. Ihavent had a chnce to explore vista yet, but I like the tabbed internet explorer. It's also easier to search within windows.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 4:34 pm
the tabbed IE is an IE version, not Vista,

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 1:51 pm
Yael - I think you mean the driver.

I just bought a laptop with Vista and it came with a free printer. I installed the printer driver and the next time I turned off the computer, it wouldn't restart. I returned it to the store and they had to reload windows (I lost everything Sad ) and they said it was because the driver on the CD was for Windows XP, and wasn't compatible with Vista. Why didn't they tell me that when they gave me the printer with a Vista laptop?!? Now I just went to the Canon site and downloaded the driver for Vista instead of using the CD.

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 1:53 pm
Can’t you just plotz!

roza

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 2:04 pm
Yeah...I would not bother with vista right now... it's still not compatible with many hardware, software. I have winXP that works just fine, vista can wait till next year, when many of the issues will be worked out and a service pack will come out.
On the other hand Office 2007 is something interesting...will check it out after Pesach.

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 2:49 pm
I really want Office 2007 but it's so expensive!!! If anyone finds a good deal... please post!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics