Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
My mm idea- what do you think?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:40 am
yum!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:39 am
sarahd wrote:
By the time you delivered them they'd be all cold and soggy, wouldn't they?

well, it only takes a few hours to deliver mm, so if I have everything else ready in the fridge by sunday morn, maybe I can make just the fries on sunday morn. but then I'll need to be really organized, which isn't my strong point.

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:50 am
I think that is a great idea. And the presentation sounds really cute.

I don't think f.f.'s are such a good idea, cause not everyone is home when you deliver and/or by the time they get to it, it will be cold and soggy unless you make them really crispy then they won't get crispy.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:05 am
Sonniboni wrote:
I think that is a great idea. And the presentation sounds really cute.

I don't think f.f.'s are such a good idea, cause not everyone is home when you deliver and/or by the time they get to it, it will be cold and soggy unless you make them really crispy then they won't get crispy.

fine. I hear the f.f are too annoying. so what else can I give besides for the sandwich? what goes with deli?

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:12 am
I think the can of soda is a good idea!

happy2beme

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:24 am
some saurkraut?

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:29 am
Sonniboni wrote:
I think the can of soda is a good idea!

you don't think thats shvach. like a drink is almost given in most mm. so something besides the sandwich and drink?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:38 am
bag of "l'chaim" fries , its potato chips but look like fries

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:11 pm
Quote:
bag of "l'chaim" fries , its potato chips but look like fries

do you mean the ketchup flavored potato chips?

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:46 pm
I think the L'chaim fries are only sold in the states.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:32 pm
Quote:
I think the L'chaim fries are only sold in the states

so much for that idea. next?

thanks everyone for all your help.

challi

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:20 pm
you can get the lechaim fries (never knew that is what it is called) here too MosheDovid'sMom. Its in the junk food section at the supermarket. Wish I had seen this b4 since I just got back from shopping. I can't remember exactly what their called here, but they for sure sell a snack food that looks like fries here. I think it comes in grill, plain and ketchup flavoured if I'm not mistaken. But its a good idea.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 9:27 am
I hope you don't mind if I use this idea too MDM!! I got snapple and small bags of potato chips. What size sandwich are you making? When discussing this with DH, he was imagining huge hoagie sandwiches. But I think that's a bit much.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 9:54 am
Quote:
I hope you don't mind if I use this idea too MDM!! I got snapple and small bags of potato chips. What size sandwich are you making? When discussing this with DH, he was imagining huge hoagie sandwiches. But I think that's a bit much.

snapple is too expensive here, I will do cans of soda. in terms of the sandwich, I will use 3 pieces of deli, with a few slices of tomatoes and pickles, each individually saran wrapped (the deli, pickles and tom need to be seperated so they don't get soggy, also this gives ppl flexibility), and a little thing of honey mustard. for the bread I will do either hamburger buns (if I can get them) or sil suggested using begets, cut in half or thirds, depending on how big they are, so they will be like heroes. what type of bread were you thinking?

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:03 am
I was thinking a hamburger bun also. But it depends on what I can get around here. I might make my own. Are you doing different types of deli meat, or all the same? I also need to find condiments; I was at Costco yesterday and all they had were boxes of 200.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:15 am
Quote:
Are you doing different types of deli meat, or all the same? I also need to find condiments; I was at Costco yesterday and all they had were boxes of 200.

I want to do turkey and cornbeef or something. I'm leaving that up to dh, but def not all the same. what type of condiments do you mean?

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:03 am
I mean mustard, mayo in the little packets, like you would get at a restaurant. How are you putting your mustard in?

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:10 am
for the mustard I was going to buy a bottle and little containers, the type they put dressing in when you get a salad to go, and put it in there. I am just doing a honey mustard and maybe ketchup. you are right, it is too hard to do packets.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:57 am
Maybe you can go to a restaurant and see if they will sell you packets.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:58 am
or use small scnapps cups and fill them up.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics