Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby rolling over and getting stuck

fiddle

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 2:01 am
my four month old (today!!) for a few weeks has been rolling over from her back to her stomach and getting stuck. she doesnt know how to turn back and cries every time. I put her down and in 2 seconds shes over, so I need to keep going to her to flip her over or she screams.
at night as well, in her crib shes constantly rolling over and waking up crying. how do I teach her to roll back?

bamamama

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 3:17 am
Bummer. I think it's developmental. This, too, shall pass. She'll learn on her own in a few weeks.

asp40

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:53 am
During the day, give her a few minutes to work it out, she will learn how to roll back over. Mine all learned tummy to back first though.

smss

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:57 am
it's an annoying phase for her and you but it will pass. give it another week or two.

kb

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:14 am
When you flip her over, roll her so that she'll catch onto the movement - don't just pick her up and put her back down on her back.

Simple1

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:29 am
She should anyway have "tummy time" while awake so she can develop her muscles. Some babies hate being on their stomachs, but you can try dangling toys in front of her and playing with her to make it more fun.

fiddle

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:47 am
well she has tummy time, because she does it herself. I let her stay that way until shes really crying.
she just hates it.
and I always roll her back over instead of pick her up to sort of show her what to do.. .

IMHopinion

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:55 am
What bamamama said.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:03 pm
well soon enough she'll not only roll over both ways - but she'll be crawling too ... then hopefully the screaming in the middle of the night will stop

don't blink - they grow so fast ... enjoy her !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics