Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Great idea for runny noses

micki

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:14 am
if your kid has a watery runny nose and needs a tissue every 30 sec. then use a infant bib- put it around their neck and use it to wipe. its always there, and softer than regular tissue, plus if they are old enough they can wipe with that on their own, instead oof the sleeve!

I just had to change the bib every hour or so cause it got wet, but that better than chasing tissues!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:31 am
It certainly has its plus - but what about running around with a gross snat-filled bib - not such a pleasant site I would think - even the old-fashioned hankerchief idea is pretty gross

micki

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 12:09 pm
yea if a green mucous came on I replaced the bib right away, I am talking more of the watery clear drip drip all day type-you can't see it on the bib, it just gets wet. I have about 20 of these bibs -don't ask me why- and I used up 10 in one day- every time it got wet, I changed it.
worked pretty well.

queen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:30 pm
what a good idea micki!

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:34 pm
great idea. thanx!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:47 pm
just be careful that the wetness doesn't leak through the child's bib and shirt and end up irritating the skin! great idea though!

deedee

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:25 am
whats wrong micki dont have time to chase after kids with a box of tissues all day long Wink....
ur too funny-does anyone ask why ur big kids are wearing bibs????

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:39 am
Quote:
ur too funny-does anyone ask why ur big kids are wearing bibs????

Twisted Evil

Ozmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:27 am
big kids should be able to run after their own tissues
including the big ones with beards Twisted Evil

heres another idea: how about tying one of those lightweight miniture go-karts around their wastes and they can throw the tissues into them as needed.

micki

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 8:49 am
very funny guys.
my big kids wipe on their own! im talking about my stubborn 2 yr old who if she needs a tissue while im sitting and nursing, wont go get one. here I just catch her and swipe!

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:12 am
micki, I do kind of the same thing.
my 18 month old has colds all the time, so instead of using up a tissue box a day, I use a cloth diaper (the ones I buy for burping a baby over) and replace it every day. but this way, he knows where his "tissue" is, and when I tell him to go wipe his nose, he knows just what to do! I wouldnt attach it to him, but I put it near him wherever he's playing. and I'm not constantly running after him with tissues.

Shefele

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 3:03 pm
micki wrote:
if your kid has a watery runny nose and needs a tissue every 30 sec. then use a infant bib- put it around their neck and use it to wipe. its always there, and softer than regular tissue, plus if they are old enough they can wipe with that on their own, instead oof the sleeve!

I just had to change the bib every hour or so cause it got wet, but that better than chasing tissues!

The first thing to do is to clean the nose of your child very carefully morning and evening by rinsing it with fysiological water. And then to 'pump' all the mucus with a pomp made especially for this purpose. That's what the doctors said to me when I had small children. And really they almost never had a running nose. And it also protected them against throat-and ear infections.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics