Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Some questions about Zara clothing

IMHopinion

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:03 pm
Specifically women's clothes:

How's the quality, and how do the sizes run?

mommish613

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:10 pm
I would say each item is different and there is no general rule. For the most part good quality for what it is (lots of poly,rayon etc). Some if their stuff is baggy some very fitted. I would tell you to take advantage of the free return shipping and order more than one size.

Make sure to use a credit card that does not have a foreign transaction otherwise you will be charged 3 percent of your purchase and its non- refundable

thinkermother

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:21 pm
I don't recall ever being charged a foreign transaction fee. Did u select US by home page?

mommish613

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:27 pm
Yes. It could be they changed their policy but in the beginning it happened- unless u used a credit card that has no fee- most Amex cards don't. But many standard visa and MasterCard do as do debit cards. I got charged the first time I ordered so now I only make sure to use my Amex and take NO chances. I know other foreign websites that have their billing overseas (even if they have a us site) have the same issue. It's only 3 percent so may not have been enough to make u notice...

IMHopinion

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:28 pm
Thanks! Appreciate it!

amother

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 9:33 pm
BTW my DH doesn't like me buying anything from Zara because of the name of the store. Zara like Avoda Zara.

Also, Forever 21 has non jewish bible passages written on the bottom of their bags.
I read an article once ( I don't remember where ) that said their goal was that all American households should have a piece of the bible.

This might be extreme, but its something to think about

baba

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 4:55 am
My dh doesnt want me to buy anything from Zara either, but because the quality of the clothing sucks. The buttons almost always come off after only a few times of wearing. I used to buy there all the time and things were fine, but then things really started falling apart with only minimal wear, so I stopped.
I'll only get something there if I'm really really looking for something specific and cant find it anywhere else.

DrMom

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 5:22 am
amother wrote:
BTW my DH doesn't like me buying anything from Zara because of the name of the store. Zara like Avoda Zara.

Also, Forever 21 has non jewish bible passages written on the bottom of their bags.
I read an article once ( I don't remember where ) that said their goal was that all American households should have a piece of the bible.

This might be extreme, but its something to think about

Zara is a Spanish/French version of Sarah. You know, like the matriarch?

Since the store is Spanish in origin and not Israeli, I would assume the Spanish meaning rather than the Hebrew one is the origin of the store's name.

Edited to add:
Re: Forever 21:
I wouldn't support any store which was actively evangelizing through its sales. I do find it amusing that a store that sells cheap trashy clothing is in the evangelization business.

amother

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 4:28 pm
Hidden: 

Zara is a Spanish/French version of Sarah. You know, like the matriarch?

Sorry I don't think so. I speak Spanish fluently (it is my first language) and Sarah in Spanish is Sara. Plus the spaniards pronounce z like th and our ima was not named Thara.

I'm just saying that Zara reminds him of something not good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics