Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Miniature foods for MM
Previous  1  2

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:42 pm
squash, where did u get those pans?

nehama

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
for petit fours you can bake a plain flat cake, two of them, and then frost one on top of the other and then take any cookie cutter and cut them into the shape that you want. Afterwards roll out fondant, either colored or white and put it over each miniature. Then you can decorate the top in many ways, for example you can buy already made gum paste shapes like pretty flowers and hearts or you can make your own if you have the fondant tools. It's a shame bec. I bought about $300 worth of fondant tools for this kind of stuff and my husband hates anything fondant so I don't use them. But I took a fondant class, it is fun to work with and so easy once you know how.
Also, there are videos on-line that you can watch that teaches you how to do these things. My friend watched one last year and then made it for mm.

Have you tried using marzipan? Most of my family won't touch fondant, but they fight over marzipan. Doesn't make much difference to my husband, though.

How do you put fondant over the cakes without wrinkly sides?

mali

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:59 pm
Use poured fondant for petit-fours. It tastes better, and is much easier to use for miniatures.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:53 pm
You can wrap petit forms in lttle celephane baggies, you can buy them in the jewish stores or even in michaels. Michaels is great bec. every week in the pennysaver they have a coupon for 40 percent off one item, so you can go pretty often.
Also, I have a real professional recipe for petit forms that I got from a caterer if someone is interested.

Squash

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:20 pm
S.Shcwartz wrote:
squash, where did u get those pans?

I got it at Kitchen Couture (right next to Hoffy's) on 13th Avenue and 52nd Street in Boro Park.

It's actually one pan with about 30 different bundts in it. I think it's Nordicware, so you could probably find it anywhere.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:57 am
yum yum yum- I would love to get such a MM!!!!!

how about mini napoleans?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics