Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Easier transition from 2-3 children than 1-2?
1  2  Next

Yehudis2

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 7:08 pm
I've heard it said that the transition in number of children is less challenging when its from 2 to 3 rather than from 1 to 2. I had my first two children 18 months apart and I found the hardest thing was getting used to the simple but sad fact that I could not satisfy both my children and keep them happy all the time

Now that I've learnt how to handle it (or at least my guilt feelings about it) and I am used to being busy all the time and number 3 is on the way, I was thinking it won't seem like such a transition and also my 2 year old might not have as much of an adjustment like an only child does.

What do other experienced mothers think?

momto4

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 7:18 pm
going from 1 to 2 is definately a hard transition. however after that, I think it depends on the baby. from 2 to 3 was very hard for me cuz she was colicky and a very difficult baby. from my 3rd to fourth was a breeze because he was an amazing baby. after that its probably pretty much smooth sailing! good luck!

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 7:20 pm
Definitely, Yehudis 2.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 8:13 pm
That was my experience.

MOM222

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 9:29 pm
The harder adjustment to three is only when all three cry and you can't hold them all.
With two you have two hands and can do everything for both. LOL

Dini

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 9:38 pm
I found it much easier from 2 to 3 as what you said plus I learnt to handle the kids crying both at once and still keeping my sanity enough to take care of the sitch that caused the crying.

R&RMom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 9:58 pm
I also found it easier going from 2 to 3. My first and 2nd are 2 and a half years apart, and there is 15 months between numbers 2 and 3. Even though the second two were much closer, I still found it an easier transition. I think that when you have # 2 it is hard becasue you are used to having one child being the center of your attention, and then you have to get used to sharing your time, energy....after # 2 comes along. Once you have the hang of "sharing", # 3 should be a piece of cake!
Good luck.

Dini

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:11 pm
its funny my mother always tells me that she found it the hardest to go from 2-3 b/c when there is 2 theres two of you as well dh & u but at three your out numbered but I plead to differ.

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:19 pm
I think it depends on the kids. it was that way for me, but I've heard from many many people that the third is the hardest.
I'm definitely busier now after 3, but busier doesn't necessarily mean harder.

mumoo

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 3:33 am
the hardest transition for me was going from none to one-

I think it depends on your expectations, the personality of the child, your personality and your support system

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 9:03 am
My hardest wa 3 to 4 - 3 is still juggling possible - 4 is just that one that well becomes hard - although she's my cutie pie.

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 9:05 am
I had a hard time going to 3. Not enough hands. Also, not enough stroller space - I only had a double.

Dini

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 12:54 pm
Yeah I also found going from 0-1 very hard almost as or the same as from 1-2. Got alot of suprises!!! Didn't realize what motherhood was all about.

withhumor

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 7:30 pm
I agree, from 1-2 you’re suddenly a full time juggler! From 2-3 you’re adding on to the family joy.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:11 pm
I'eve heard after 3 it's easier b/c then you are more organized.

I have only had the 0-1 and 1-2 experience.

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:44 pm
I think 2-3 is much MUCH harder then from 1-2. I am a very neat, organized person but once I had three things got much harder. With two you can run out the door and just put the kids in the stroller. That is not the case with three. It's very hard to get going anywhere and it's tiring. IY"H when I have four I can't see things getting any different. I think I have met my toughest hurdles. My oldest and second oldest are more self-sufficient and they don't require as much as when I had three babies.

HealthCoach

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 11:09 pm
I think everyone finds different transitions hard. For me 2-3 was easier than 1-2 but it was still hard, and after that it was a piece of cake.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 11:32 am
[quote]I think 2-3 is much MUCH harder then from 1-2. I am a very neat, organized person but once I had three things got much harder. With two you can run out the door and just put the kids in the stroller. That is not the case with three. It's very hard to get going anywhere and it's tiring. IY"H when I have four I can't see things getting any different. I think I have met my toughest hurdles. My oldest and second oldest are more self-sufficient and they don't require as much as when I had three babies.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!!!

ny21

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 7:59 pm
I had three kids in one year!
pm - me for more info.

chen

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:41 pm
Let's see--you adopted a baby and then found out you were pregnant with twins. You adopted twins and found out you were pregnant with one. You had triplets. You had twins in january and one in december or vice versa. I'm too tired to think of any other possibilities.

saaay---did you have a different screen name at one time? this is starting to sound familiar...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics